Fleet Admiral (five star admiral) is the highest attainable Flag officer rank in many militaries, most notably Earth Starfleet and its Federation counterpart. One Fleet Admiral at a time is given the title Commander in Chief.
In 2254, while examining damage to Project Pharos, Dermot Cusack remarked "That's disruptor work, or I'm a fleet admiral", which Number One agreed with, but considered Cusack holding the rank a "ghastly notion". (EV comic: "The Fires of Pharos")
|Enlisted ranks||Commissioned ranks||Flag ranks|
|Earth SF||CREW|| PO2
|Starfleet & SFMC|| ENS JG
||LT JG||LT||LT CMDR||CDR|| CDORE
||1ST LT||CAPT||MAJOR||LT COL||COL||BRIG||GEN|
Positions and ListsEdit
- Harry Morrow, Commander Starfleet
- Cartwright, Commander Starfleet
- Robert Bennett, Commander Starfleet
- William Smillie, Starfleet Commander-in-Chief
- Margaret Sinclair-Alexander, Starfleet Commander-in-Chief
- Edward Jellico, Starfleet Commander-in-Chief
- Leonard James Akaar, Starfleet Commander-in-Chief
- Jean-Luc Picard (War of the Prophets timeline)
- Alynna Nechayev
- Taela Shanthi
- Karis Tatenen
Dates listed are first appearance or mention at that rank except as noted.
In ST video game: Conquest, fleet admiral is used for advanced Starfleet commanders who have completed their full admiral experience points in Federation gameplay, with the graphic reflecting the "five-star" rank insignia dating back to the US military forces all the way to Starfleet.