Fomalhaut (Alpha Piscis Austrini) was an A class star with an associated system that was located a number of parsecs away from Earth and the Sol system, in Federation space, near the border between the Alpha and Beta Quadrants.
History and specifics[edit | edit source]
This star is located a very short distance from Nakarat, which is considered to be its companion star.
It was usually visible from Earth in the southern hemisphere, but was visible in the northern hemisphere in November just above the horizon, directly under Alpha Pegasi and Alpha Persei, the two stars on the right side of the main body of the Pegasus constellation. (TOS novella: The Truth Machine)
- The third planet had a mixed population of 3.57 billion and was known for its culture, but was not identified by name or position in the system in The Federation.
This system is also the location of the uninhabited desert planet Fomalhaut V, which supported a hidden base for the rebel Armies of Fomalhaut. In 2267, the Federation starship USS Enterprise visited the system. (TOS novella: The Truth Machine)
- No history or specifics are established for this location in Starfleet Command III, as its name was arbitrarily selected for a Federation system on the game map by the game software, with random attributes.
Named planets[edit | edit source]
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Connections[edit | edit source]
|Alpha and Beta Quadrant stars and star systems (F)|
|Far Pel • Faralos • Feeniks-Denn • Fev'Tok • Filtra • Finneas • Firaz • Firimar • Flarset • Floe • Folnar • Forma • Fredrickson • F'rhircch • Frunalian system • Fuh'Rhud|
|Alpha Quadrant stars and systems (F)||Farius • Fellebia • Felussus • Ferasa • Fesarius • FGC-38919 • Fomalhaut|
|Beta Quadrant stars and systems (F)||Farlorn • FGC 82659 • FGC J25 • FGC SR37-758 • Fibona • Fornax|
References[edit | edit source]
- TOS novella: The Truth Machine
- TOS reference: Star Fleet Technical Manual
- FASA RPG module: The Federation
- STO mission: "The Iconian War"
[edit | edit source]