|Ten Forward → How do I apply for a paid position at Memory Beta (Reply | Watch)|
I am an avid Trek fan, with a lifetime of experience. I have a significant background in web design, technical writing, and have read many Trek books along with seeing all the TV and Movies. While Memory Beta is fairly comprehensive, there are many pages that are incomplete (especially with minor characters, book summaries, etc).
So ,I would like to apply for a position with this wiki to work 12 - 16 hours per week updating and expanding your pages. My salary expectations are minimal considering this is a wiki and likely mostly a volunteer project.
Thank you 18.104.22.168 05:25, November 5, 2016 (UTC)
- No such thing, sorry. -- Captain MKB 15:21, November 5, 2016 (UTC)
Why not?22.214.171.124 20:49, November 5, 2016 (UTC)
- I'm trying to formulate the shortest answer possible, but you already stated it in your statement -- its a volunteer project and anything further isn't really up to me to say. not how wikis work and not how Wikia works. -- Captain MKB 01:42, November 6, 2016 (UTC)
Wiki's do pay. The main wikipedia has fundraising every year and that pays for staffing costs to a significant degree. So ,there are paid positions out there. Do you get funds from their efforts? Perhaps you can start your own? Hey, I just want to make an income doing what I love. I can send you my resume if you like. Thank you 126.96.36.199 20:54, November 6, 2016 (UTC)
- Feel free to take it up with the people who run Wikia. I'm not one of them, and I don't want to see your resume. -- Captain MKB 04:14, November 7, 2016 (UTC)
I sense an unfriendly attitude from you. I don't think this is necessary. I have a lot to offer for you188.8.131.52 02:06, November 12, 2016 (UTC)
- Its not an unfriendly attitude, but we've come to an impasse. I'm a volunteer editor, i do not work for Fandom @Wikia, no one here does. you're asking someone to give you money and we don't have any to give you.
- I don't have any desire to have you continue trolling. Memory-Beta has no employees and no money to pay anyone and no one on this site has the power to change that, and you've already been told that, so you're obviously just feigning ignorance in order to waste our time. -- Captain MKB 02:34, November 12, 2016 (UTC)
I have no idea why you are angry and hostile. Isn't fandom supposed to be fun? There are ways to respond without being so revolting in your behavior and words. I sincerely wanted to work for this wiki and spread out a lot of information. While you are great with things to do with TV, your novels are weak to empty and there is a lot of work to be done. I understand you refuse to hire me for your wiki, and I hope all your members understand that being cheap does not always give the best results. You are sitting around being Mr Moderator and are not filling in the information as much as you should.184.108.40.206 06:56, November 28, 2016 (UTC)
And you do have money at the very least from the ads you have pop up on the site, don't play us for fools220.127.116.11 06:57, November 28, 2016 (UTC)
- You've proved yourself a fool,, however... i've aready told you that no one checking your remarks here works for Wikia/Fandom -- we are not the people who get the money for the ads.
- If you would re-read my remarks above, you'd see that your request is not within the bounds of this project, and as stated, the Wikia/Fandom employees in charge of hiring are not represented in the user base of this particular part of Wikia/Fandom. -- Captain MKB 03:17, November 29, 2016 (UTC)