|Ten Forward → How does one speak to an admin (Reply | Watch)|
- You can get a response for any valid topic of conversation on any talk page or forum page. -- Captain MKB 01:54, May 4, 2016 (UTC)
I have placed a message on the talk page of an admin, and it gets deleted. I do not get any replies here in the forum. I just want to get my material added to the wiki and would like to negotiate admin status. Someone must be alive here to talk about it.Grathon Tolar (talk) 01:55, May 4, 2016 (UTC)
- An admin replied already to your question and you ignored the response. In order to be considered for admin status you have to spend a period of time contributing information to the wiki, and then be vetted by a consensus of peers. I myself spent years making quality contributions before i was seriously considered for admin status.
- Since you do not seem interested in getting started, there's really no other response to give you. You either contribute and participate, or you do not. You have not.
- I deleted your comments on my talk page because it is highly inappropriate for anyone to try to "negotiate" admin status on my personal talk area. I won't be involved in your efforts to bypass our normal processes and i certainly will not be involved in further obtuse commentaries. -- Captain MKB 02:04, May 4, 2016 (UTC)
This is what confuses me. You guys are saying you expect people to contribute all their hard work for free; and then maybe down the line you consider giving them a promotion. Good work should be compensated; I have massive amounts of material to add and you are asking me to do it for nothing. That is really strange and I am shocked you run this place like that Grathon Tolar (talk) 02:10, May 4, 2016 (UTC)
- Maybe you should start your own website and promote yourself there. Goodbye -- Captain MKB 02:11, May 4, 2016 (UTC)
And you are willing to refuse my information and hard work like this? I honestly don't see how that serves the purpose of this wiki. You have a lot of missing information with the world of novels and I am prepared to fill in a huge amount of data over the summer. Why you would not want this data is something I can not understand.Grathon Tolar (talk) 02:13, May 4, 2016 (UTC)
well, I can't say I like your policy. Wiki is "Free' in terms of monetary payment. Admin status is given out to many people based on their contributions so there is a form of payment in that sense. I don't know why this wiki is different.Grathon Tolar (talk) 02:20, May 4, 2016 (UTC)