|Ten Forward → Site changes (Reply | Watch)|
Hi everyone, just an update on ongoing site changes --
- Platform update - i think we're running at full capacity, with the exception of a couple areas we could tweak with the interface. I'm happy to say the platform update is treating us well.. anyone with issues to report please speak up.
- Site security - in accordance with the webhosts at Fandom, we're locking down some administrator functions to admins who haven't played an active role in the past 4 to 18 months. A rule change will be suggested that inactive admins and bureaucrats can reapply to participate in that way with an abbreviated approval process, pending their actual return to Fandom and this wiki.
- That brings us to rule changes. Fandom is very clear we're going to have readable rules going forward. everyone with ideas for rules speak up. probably the best way to keep everyone updated will be a rules newsfeed where all current topics are bumped to the top.
- In accordance for openness with rule changes, i'm considering a forum regarding past bans, blocks and warnings -- users who are at home at other Fandom wikis shoul feel at home here, and, subject to rules getting in the way, i'm hoping to open up a number of past bans and blocks as new rules come into effect.
- Also on the agenda with the platform is activating updates brought to us by Fandom. Will we activate message walls, commetary discussions, or stick with the talk page system? also, are talk pages from 15 years ago worth archiving in any certain way? (that was the wild west of the internet and while we can gain some clarity in certain policy discussions, others amount to 2 decades of vandalism). Feel free to bring up concerns about archiving talk pages and adjusting to new comms.
Thanks everyone, we've certainly grown into our mission statement. We are going on 16 years old here and we have more pages than Memory Alpha -- we're onto something big here. Keep on Trekking! = captainmike 23:36, 10 March 2021 (UTC)