- Medical log: Stardate 46418.2
- I knew life on the frontier would be exciting, but never expected this.
Since the Bajoran wormhole was discovered dozens of ships have made the journey from the Gamma quadrant.
Traders, explorers, even settlers, keen to build a new life 70,000 light years from home. And their first port of call is Deep Space Nine.
Although, not everyone is ready to welcome our visitors with open arms.
- Medical log: Supplemental--
- Jadzia would later offer several theories about the strange woman I tried so hard to save.
That the hulking brute we assumed had cocooned her was not her attacker...
... But her protector.
And that her death was part of a larger life-cycle.
As for the energy creatures that swarmed through the station-
-Those touched by their light remembered little of their experience.
Except for a distant call from the other side of the wormhole.
All they needed was a guide...
...To lead them home.
Of course, I had no way to know I almost stopped her transformation. I'd merely performed my duties to the best of my ability.
No one could blame me for my actions.
Just another day on the frontier.
Where heroes are made.
And all bets are off.
- Bajor • Bajoran wormhole • Deep Space 9 • (Infirmary • Operations center • Promenade • Quark's)
- Referenced only
- Gamma Quadrant • Nibiru III
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
- The introduction calls the story "Frontier Medicine".
- The stardate given by Bashir in his log places the events of the comic early in the first season of DS9, likely just after "Emissary".
- Cavan Scott wrote: "Working with artist Joshua Hood, it’s a bit of a dream come true. I’ve loved Trek ever since I saw Wrath of Khan as a kid. The movies were my entry point into the Star Trek universe, followed by The Next Generation. By the time Deep Space Nine aired, I was a card-carrying Trekker, complete with communicator pin on my jacket and replica phaser on my desk! IDW editor supreme Sarah Gaydos invited me to pitch for Waypoint at SDCC 2015 and this is the result, a story that focuses on Dr. Bashir and is set during the first season, not long after the pilot episode, Emissary. All the gang’s there, with appearances from Sisko, Kira, Dax, O’Brien and, of course, Odo."  
|Star Trek: Waypoint Comics|
|#1 ("Puzzles" & "Daylily") • #2 ("The Menace of the Mechanitrons" & "Legacy") • #3 ("Mother's Walk" & "The Wildman Maneuver) • #4 ("The Fragile Beauty of Loyalty" & "Mirror, Mirror, Mirror, Mirror") • #5 ("Frontier Doctor" & "Come Away, Child") • #6 ("The Rebound Effect" & "The Fear") • Special ("Only You Can Save Yourself" & "Consider Eternity" & "My Human is Not" & "Histories") • Special 2019 ("Hearts & Bones" & "Unfathom" & "The Swift Spoke" & "The First Year")|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.