Gamma Eridon is a binary star system in Klingon space, located between the Klingon-Romulan border and the inner worlds of the Klingon Empire. It is located in the Narendra sector of Tau Dewa sector block and consists of a pair of M class stars. (TNG episode: "Redemption, Part II"; ST reference: Star Charts; STO video game: Legacy of Romulus)
- The stellar notation using the Greek language letter "gamma" indicates that there might be a star group or constellation of some sort named "Eridon", of which Gamma Eridon would logically be indicated to be the third most prominent star or system.
History and specifics
In 2368, the armada under the command of Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the USS Enterprise-D retreated to Gamma Eridon after the collapse of their tachyon detection grid. This retreat was eventually unnecessary when the USS Sutherland under the command of Data detected the Romulan fleet using high yield torpedoes. (TNG episode: "Redemption, Part II")
Gamma Eridon was one of the systems pictured in a star chart displayed by Data aboard the USS Enterprise-E in 2379 when they were searching for possible destinations of the missing Emperor Kahless. (ST - A Time to... novel: A Time for War, A Time for Peace)
By 2409 Reman miners had settled on Gamma Eridon II. During that year a Romulan Republic starship scanned the system for planets suitable for a Romulan settlement that would eventually be placed on Dewa III. The system was designated as lying within Romulan Republic borders afterward. (STO video game: Legacy of Romulus; STO mission: "The Search for New Romulus")
Later that year Gorn forces attacked the system but were repelled by the Romulan Republican Force. These Gorn rejected the authority of the Klingon Empire and told the Romulans this system belonged to the Gorn Hegemony. (STO - New Romulus mission: "Gamma Eridon System Patrol")
- Gamma Eridon A and B (binary star)
- Gamma Eridon I
- Gamma Eridon II
|Tau Dewa sector block|
|Azure sector||Acamar (Theta Eridani) (Acamar Prime, Acamar III) • Azure Nebula • Carraya (Carraya IV) • Japori (Japori II) • Jouret (Jouret IV, Dyson sphere gateway) • Khitomer (Khitomer) • Suliban/Suliban system (Suliban Helix) • Virinat (Virinat)|
|Narendra sector||Archer (Archer IV) • Galorndon Core (Galorndon Core) • Gamma Eridon (Gamma Eridon II) • Gasko (Gasko II, Gasko Station) • Narendra (Narendra III) • Nequencia (Nequencia colony) • Pheben (Pheben III, Pheben V)|
|Nimbus sector||Beta Lankal (Beta Lankal (planet), Beta Lankal (planetoid)) • Beta Thoridor (Beta Thoridor) • Chaltok (Chaltok IV) • Gamma Crateris (Crateris colony) • Dewa (Dewa III ~ New Romulus ~ DiWahn) • Nimbus (Nimbus III) • Starbase 234 (Starbase 234 system)|
- TNG episode: "Redemption, Part II"
- ST reference: Star Charts
- STO video game: Legacy of Romulus
- ST video game: Armada
- ST - A Time to... novel: A Time for War, A Time for Peace
- STO mission: "The Search for New Romulus"
- STO - New Romulus mission: "Gamma Eridon System Patrol"
- TNG movie: Generations star map hologram display graphic in stellar cartography