- 1 Description
- 2 References
- 3 Chronology
- 4 Appendices
- Badly damaged by a close encounter with a dwarf star, the USS Voyager discovers a world being torn apart by awesome volcanic stresses. The primitive inhabitants of Drenar Four face extinction unless the starship Voyager intervenes—something the Prime Directive forbids.
- Captain Janeway's dilemma is complicated by the arrival of another starship. The Televek offer aid to both the Voyager and the endangered planet, but their offer may be too good to be true. Strange, ghostly visions trouble Janeway and her crew, warning them of danger to come.
- Caught between uncertain allies and the threat of a global catastrophe, Janeway learns that the spectral warnings are very real…
- Joseph Carey • Chakotay • Daket • The Doctor • Gantel • Kathryn Janeway • Jonal • Kes • Harry Kim • Mila • Neelix • Tom Paris • Rollins • Shaale • Stephens • Tassay • Tatel • B'Elanna Torres • Triness • Tuvok
- Referenced only
Starships and vehicles
- Delta Quadrant • Drenar IV
Races and cultures
States and organizations
Science and technology
- alien • Bussard ramscoop • dwarf star • Emergency Medical Hologram • hologram • humanoid • intercom • keypad • magnetic constrictor coil • minute • phaser • photon torpedo • star • starship • time • tooth • universe • warp drive
Ranks and titles
- colony • contract • extinction • first contact • flag • genocide • ghost • government • piracy • planet • prayer • Prime Directive • sector • technology • war
- VOY episode & novelization: Caretaker: The beginning of Voyager's arc in the Delta Quadrant.
- VOY episode & novelization: Endgame: The end of Voyager's arc in the Delta Quadrant.
- Page 42 mentions that Voyager is seventy-five million light-years from the Federation, instead of seventy-five thousand light-years.
- This is the only numbered Voyager novel to not feature a tag line on the front cover.
The Murdered Sun
|Voyager numbered novels||Next novel:|
The Ones Left Behind
|Journey of the USS Voyager||Next Adventure:|