Gold Key 100-Page Spectacular is the latest softcover omnibus collection of Star Trek stories published by IDW Publishing in their 100-Page Spectacular series. Celebrating the 50th anniversary of Star Trek comic books in 1967, this volume showcases three early, remastered Gold Key Comics stories which debuted in the hardcover Gold Key Archives omnibus series.
- Solicitation blurb
- IDW presents this special 100-page collection of classic Gold Key Star Trek comics. Created by writers and artists who had not seen the show often (or at all) and worked off of whatever publicity materials they could get their hands on, the Gold Key Comics are true 1960s gems. Needless to say, the end results were definitely unusual — and very un-Trek in some cases (A blond Scotty! Spock kills! The Enterprise belches fire!). Collecting "The Planet of No Return," "The Youth Trap," and "The Enterprise Mutiny," this special also features a history of the Star Trek Gold Key comics by author Joe Berenato.
- "The Planet of No Return"
- "The Youth Trap"
- "The Enterprise Mutiny"
- "From Deciduous Death Traps to Klingon Chicanery: Star Trek's Early Years at Gold Key", by Joseph Berenato
- Cover Gallery
- Pin-up Gallery
- Berenato's essay provides a perspective on the three Gold Key stories and also includes images from the homage in TOS - Waypoint comic: "The Menace of the Mechanitrons".
- The letter column contains an interview with letterer Deron Bennett, who designed the logo for the Boldly Go series. He described the challenges of lettering in Klingonese for the Manifest Destiny miniseries.