The volume was printed on slick white paper, hardbound, with high-quality restoration and recoloring by Digikore Design Limited. It contained new cover artwork by Michael Stribling and an introduction by Paula M. Block. An additional feature in the back spotlighted original cover painter George Wilson, with a short bio and a sample of his covers for "The Perfect Dream" (#26), "The Evictors" (#41), "The Flight of the Buccaneer" (#12), and "The Hijacked Planet" (#18).
- Back cover
- ”Some of these outlandish tales may have frustrated those fans looking for an exact depiction of Star Trek ‘as seen on TV,’ but these tales were never boring. On occasion some of the stories were—dare I suggest it—genuinely thought provoking.” – from the introduction by Paula M. Block.
- Boldly going… where it all started! Presenting the first comic book adventures of the U.S.S. Enterprise and her crew! Fully remastered with new colors, volume 4 collects issues #19–24.
- "The Haunted Asteroid" (#19)
- "A World Gone Mad" (#20)
- "The Mummies of Heitius VII" (#21)
- "Siege in Superspace" (#22)
- "Child's Play" (#23)
- "The Trial of Captain Kirk" (#24)
Gold Key Archives, Volume 3
|Gold Key Archives||Next book:|
Gold Key Archives, Volume 5