- For other uses, see Guardian.
Specifications[edit | edit source]
The class a saucer section with two warp nacelles connected by pylons to the rear of the primary hull, placing the nacelle symmetrically above and below the rear of the saucer. As a support frigate the Guardian-class did not as standard feature offensive systems, but was instead fitting with a support beam which could be used to transfer energy and shield power to nearby allied ships. The beam could also be configured to destroy asteroids and small targets such as escape pods.
Like its contemporaries, the Arbiter-class, Constitution-class, Defender-class, and Interceptor-class, the Guardian-class could, in addition to its standard systems, be armed with quantum torpedoes, and the ability to temporal shift. Also in common with other classes, the Guardian-class had at least one military shuttle, which could be used as an escape pod. (TOS video game: D-A-C)
History[edit | edit source]
Known vessels[edit | edit source]
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||Guardian class frigates|
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
- D-A-C gives no date, but as it features the USS Enterprise it is presumably set after the events of Star Trek, which featured the launch of the Enterprise in 2258. The Arbiter-class design includes the same type of warp nacelle as the Enterprise, which may indicate the class entered service at a similar time to the Constitution-class, as all other ships seen in Star Trek were made from components similar to the older USS Kelvin design.
- D-A-C includes a feature allowing a player to launch an "escape pod" when their ship is about to be destroyed, permitting them to respawn and continue playing quicker. The escape pod design for all Federation ships in the game is a military shuttle.
- In D-A-C starship names are selected and allocated at random. The game features eleven Federation starship names which are assigned randomly to all classes of ships in the game. All known Guardian-class names are therefore also known as the names of vessels of the four other Starfleet classes in the game.
- The Guardian-class bares a passing resemblance to the USS Kelvin, however it has two warp nacelles instead of one nacelle and an engineering hull. The Guardian-class was not included in the original release of D-A-C, but added when the game was later released for PS3 and PC. In the press release announcing the update and re-release screencaps from the game did indeed show a version of the Guardian class modelled on the Kelvin.
Connections[edit | edit source]
|Federation Starfleet starship classes (Kelvin timeline)|
|Arbiter • Constitution • Defender • Dreadnought • Einstein • Guardian • Hermes • Interceptor • Saladin • see also: unnamed Federation starship classes (Kelvin timeline)|