Summary[edit | edit source]
"Guardians" is divided up into dated episodes. "The Present" is a framing story set in 52267. There is also a very brief section labeled "The Future."
|This article is a stub relating to a short story or collection publishing production information. You can help our database by expanding on it.|
References[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Armus • Crystalline Entity • Vic Fontaine • Guardian of Forever • Odo • Q • Ian Kyle Riker • Edward Sherwood • Sotar • T'Lior • T'Min • Trivik • Wilson Vanderberg • Vanderberg (Vice-Admiral)
Starships and vehicles[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
Races and cultures[edit | edit source]
States and organizations[edit | edit source]
- Referenced only
- Section 31
Other references[edit | edit source]
Chronology[edit | edit source]
- 49,970 Years Ago—2297 - Chief Engineer Wilson Vanderberg gives a farewell speech to the Horta.
- 49,805 Years Ago—2462 - A Romulan attack on the Rock of Ages (the planet the Guardian of Forever is on) is repelled.
- 49,803 Years Ago—2464 - The Horta agree to serve as guardians to the Guardian of Forever.
- 49,571 Years Ago—2696 - Romulans attempt to use or destroy the Guardian of Forever.
- 49,400 Years Ago—2867 - Creation of the Temporal Integrity Commission renders the Guardian of Forever obsolete. By this time General Order 7 has been rescinded and Vulcan-Romulan Reformation has occurred.
- 46,960 Years Ago—5307 - A Horta defects to the Crystalline Entity.
- 42,126 Years Ago—10141 - The Borg attempt to assimilate the Guardian of Forever.
- 34,665 Years Ago—17602 - Q begins to visit the Guardian of Forever.
- 29,405 Years Ago—22862 - Armus attempts to use the Guardian of Forever.
- 23,870 Years Ago—28397 - Vic Fontaine and Odo visit the Guardian of Forever.
- 15,565 Years Ago—36702 - The Elasians and Troyians wipe each other out.
- 8020 Years Ago—44247 - Humanity joins the Q Continuum.
- One Year Ago—52266 - The Horta mate.
- The Present - The Horta eggs hatch.
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Connections[edit | edit source]
- The Metron Psycho-Plague, mentioned in this story, appears to be a reference to an earlier SNW story, "Where I Fell Before My Enemy", in which a mysterious ailment is killing off the Metron species.
|Strange New Worlds VII
The Law of Averages
Tears for Eternity (52,267)
Our Million-Year Mission
|The above chronology placements are based on the primary placement in 52267.|
The Pocket Books Timeline places events from this story in five other timeframes:
The Shoulders of Giants
Project Blue Book
I Am Become Death
A & Ω
A & Ω
Tears for Eternity
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.