Kira becomes trapped in a crystalline formation on an unstable moon and Odo is unable to free her. Meanwhile, Nog attempts to convince Sisko to sponsor his application to Starfleet Academy.
- Julian Bashir • Jadzia Dax • Female Changeling • Kira Nerys • Nog • Miles O'Brien • Odo • Quark • Rom • Benjamin Sisko • Jake Sisko
- Badlands • Deep Space 9 • Habitat ring • Infirmary • Operations center • Promenade • Quark's • Replimat • Station commander's office
- Referenced only
- Prophet's Landing • Remmil VI
Races and cultures
States and Organizations
- attainment ceremony • attitude stabilizer • Bajoran-Cardassian Treaty • Cardassian language • communication probe • covariant oscillator • criminal activity report • governor • earthquake • Ferengi Rules of Acquisition • Ferengi Trade By-Laws • kayaking • latinum • moon • orbital sensor platform • palm beacon • pattern enhancer • phaser • replicator • rock and roll • Starfleet Academy entrance exam • tricorder
- This episode is the first to mention Vilix'pran. Another member of this unnamed species, Geren'zrix, appears in the Star Trek: Corps of Engineers eBook The Future Begins. 
- Avery Brooks as Benjamin Sisko
- Nana Visitor as Kira Nerys
- Rene Auberjonois as Odo
- Alexander Siddig as Julian Bashir
- Terry Farrell as Jadzia Dax
- Armin Shimerman as Quark
- Max Grodénchik as Rom
- Aron Eisenberg as Nog
- Salome Jens as the Female Changeling
- Heart of Stone article at Memory Alpha, the wiki for canon Star Trek.
- Heart of Stone (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) article at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
|DS9 episode produced||Next episode:|
|DS9 episode aired||Next episode:|