Every page in Memory Beta has a link that is labeled "what links here". On some other wikis, this is known as backlinks. This feature is designed to see which other pages in the Memory Beta wiki contain a link to a given page.
However, there are a few limitations to this feature:
- A maximum of 500 pages are listed; if there are more, there is no indication that the list is incomplete.
- Subpages that have automatic (generated) links are not listed.
The "what links here" listing can also be used with templates, because a referral to a template is treated as a link. (This means that you can find out which pages are using a specific template.) Also, a link from a template is treated as such, and not as a link from the page in which the template is included.
This feature also works for pages that do not exist. It can be useful in which pages that have not (yet) been created may be in the highest demand.
When the link tables in the database are rebuilt, the lists are alphabetically ordered. However, adding a link subsequently causes it to be added to the end, and thus these occur in chronological order.
Special pages are useful tools and reports that come with the MediaWiki software and help with wiki management. Special pages always begin with the prefix "Special:".
How to find special pages
- You can see a list of special pages available by visiting Special:SpecialPages on your wiki.
- If you're an admin on the wiki, you can find this in the Admin Dashboard under the "Advanced" Tab.
- If you want to create a shortcut to this list, you can add it to your toolbar by clicking "Customize" and adding "Special pages" to your list.
List of special pages
Below is a list of options in Special:SpecialPages, color coded by access levels:
- Black—Available to anyone
- Green—Available to logged in users
- Red—Available to admins
If a special page isn't available to a user, it will generally not display on their view of Special:SpecialPages.
- Broken redirects
- Special:BrokenRedirects—List of pages whose target article has been deleted or doesn't exist. (Help:Redirect)
- Dead-end pages
- Special:DeadendPages—Pages without any outgoing links.
- Double redirects
- Special:DoubleRedirects—List of pages that redirect to another redirect page. (Help:Redirect)
- Long pages
- Special:LongPages—Pages that contain the most characters in descending order.
- Oldest pages
- Special:AncientPages—Lists the oldest pages on a wiki.
- Orphaned pages
- Special:LonelyPages—Articles not linked to or from any other page on the wiki.
- Pages with the fewest revisions
- Special:FewestRevisions—Pages with the least amount of edits.
- Pages without images
- Special:Withoutimages—List of pages without images on them.
- Pages without language links
- Special:WithoutInterwiki—Pages that do not link to any alternate language counterparts. (Help:Interlanguage links)
- Protected pages
- Special:ProtectedPages—List pages that cannot be edited by non-admins or non-autoconfirmed users. (Help:Page protection)
- Protected titles
- Special:ProtectedTitles—Pages that have been protected from creation from non-admins. (Help:Page protection)
- Short pages
- Special:ShortPages—Pages that contain the fewest characters in ascending order.
- Tags Report
- Special:TagsReport—Lists all of the specific tags in alphabetical order along with how many pages for each tag
- Uncategorized categories.
- Special:UncategorizedCategories—Categories without category tags. (Help:Category)
- Uncategorized pages
- Special:UncategorizedPages—Pages without category tags. (Help:Category)
- Uncategorized photos
- Special:UncategorizedFiles—Images without category tags. (Help:Category)
- Uncategorized templates
- Special:UncategorizedTemplates—Templates without category tags. (Help:Category)
- Unused categories
- Special:UnusedCategories displays categories that have not been used.
- Unused photos
- Special:UnusedFiles—Images that do not appear on any page. (Help:Photos)
- Unused templates
- Special:UnusedTemplates—Templates that are not included in any page. (Help:Templates)
- Unused videos
- Special:UnusedVideos—Videos that do not appear on any page. (Help:Videos)
- Unwatched pages
- Special:UnwatchedPages—Pages that are not on any user's watchlist.
- Wanted categories
- Special:WantedCategories—Pages that use a category that has not been created yet. (Help:Category)
- Wanted pages
- Special:WantedPages—Most internally linked-to articles that do not yet exist.
- Wanted photos
- Special:WantedFiles—Most internally linked-to files (not just images) that do not yet exist.
- Wanted templates
- Special:WantedTemplates—Most internally linked-to templates that do not yet exist.
List of pages
- All pages
- Special:AllPages—A list of every page on the wiki.
- All pages with prefix
- Special:PrefixIndex Displays all namespaces within the wiki, along with a search box.
- Categories list
- Special:Categories—List of categories.
- Category tree
- Special:CategoryTree—Use a category name to see its contents as a tree structure. (Help:Category)
- Pages linking to disambiguation pages
- Special:Disambiguations—List pages marked as disambiguations. (Help:Glossary#D)
- Redirects list
- Special:ListRedirects—List of redirects on a wiki. (Help:Redirect)
Users and rights
- Block user
- Special:Block—Block a user or IP address.
- Blocked users
- Special:BlockList—Blocked IPs and usernames. (Help:Blocking)
- Change a user's name
- Special:UserRenameTool—User Rename service. You can only rename your account once.
- Change e-mail address
- Special:ChangeEmail—Change the email address associated with your account. (Also within Special:Preferences)
- Special:Contributions—List of contributions of anonymous or logged-in users. (Help:User contributions)
- Deleted contributions
- Special:DeletedContributions—View a user's or IP address's edits that have been deleted. (Help:Deletion)
- Edit count
- Special:EditCount—Edit tally broken down by namespaces locally and globally. (Help:Edit count)
- List global users
- Special:ListGlobalUsers—List of users with global user-rights. Only Global Discussions Moderators, Vanguards, VSTF, Helpers, and Staff are returned by default.
- Special:Preferences—Change your user preferences.
- Unblock user
- Special:Unblock—Unblock a user or IP address.
- User group rights
- Special:ListGroupRights—List of rights associated with each user group.
- User rights management
- Special:UserRights—Use to manage user rights of users.
- Users list
- Special:ListUsers—List of people who have edited this wiki. You can also narrow it down to view specific user groups with a specific edit. threshold. This tool also has some aliases that will immediately narrow down the scope of the page. (Help:ListUsers)
Recent changes and logs
- Followed pages
- Special:Following-A list of all pages you are following/watching on a wiki.
- Logs (extended list)
- Special:Log—Logs of deletion, protection, blocking, image uploads and user rights settings.
- New pages
- Special:NewPages—List of new pages on a wiki.
- Recent changes
- Special:RecentChanges—The latest edits on a wiki. (Help:Recent changes)
- Related changes
- Special:RecentChangesLinked—Changes made recently to pages linked from a specified page or to members of a specified category.
- Valid change tags
- Special:Tags—A list of the tags that MediaWiki may mark an edit with, and their meaning.
- Special:Watchlist—A RecentChanges list of all edits to pages you're following.
- Special:EditWatchlist—Edit your list of watched pages.
Media reports and uploads
- Duplicate photos search
- Special:FileDuplicateSearch—Locate duplicate files based on filename.
- File list
- Special:ListFiles—List of files uploaded that can be sorted by size or date.
- File path
- Special:FilePath—Returns the complete path for a file.
- MIME search
- Special:MIMESearch—Enables the filtering of files for its MIME-type.
- Upload multiple photos
- Special:MultipleUpload—Upload up to 10 files to the wiki. (Help:Multiple uploads)
- Upload photo
- Special:Upload—Upload a file to the wiki
Wiki data and tools
- Special:Statistics—Total number of pages and users
- System messages
- Special:AllMessages—Displays all pages in the MediaWiki namespace (Help:System messages)
- Special:Version—The version of the software the site is currently running. Also displayed 'installed' extensions
Redirecting special pages
- External links search
- Special:LinkSearch—Links on pages that take readers outside of the wiki
- Random page
- Special:RandomPage—Redirects to a random page
- Random redirect
- Special:RandomRedirect—Randomly taken to a redirecting page (Help:Redirect)
High use pages
- Most linked-to categories
- Special:MostLinkedCategories—Categories that have the most links to them in descending order
- Most linked-to pages
- Special:MostLinked—Pages that have the most links to them in descending order
- Most linked-to photos
- Special:MostImages—Images that have the most links to them in descending order
- Most linked-to templates
- Special:MostLinkedTemplates—Templates that have the most links to them in descending order
- Most popular categories
- Special:Mostpopularcategories—List of the most popular categories
- Pages with the most categories
- Special:MostCategories—List of pages with the most categories in descending order
- Pages with the most revisions
- Special:MostRevisions—List of pages with the most number of edits in descending order
- Compare pages
- Special:ComparePages—A tool to allow comparing revisions of two different pages.
- Create a new page
- Special:CreatePage—Guided process to creating new pages (Help:New page)
- Export pages
- Special:Export—Exports the source of individual wiki pages, optionally with their histories, in a thin XML wrapper which includes metadata like time, etc (Help:Exporting pages)
- Restore deleted pages
- Special:Undelete—One way to undelete a page or review deleted revisions of pages
- What links here
- Special:WhatLinksHere—Finds all pages that link to an article. Three filters are available to except links, redirects or transclusions from the results. It is not yet possible to except transcluded links.
- Close My Account
- Special:CloseMyAccount—Allows you to close your account. Accounts will be closed automatically after 30 days.
- Contact Fandom
- Special:Contact—Send a message or inquiry to the Community Team. (Help:Contacting Fandom)
- Create blog
- Special:CreateBlogPage—Create a new blog post.
- Create blog listing
- Special:CreateBlogListingPage—Create a new blog listing page to display blog posts from categories.
- Download Your Data
- Special:DownloadYourData—Download the data we provide: username, user ID, real name (if provided), email address, account creation date and a link to a list of your contributions.
- Infobox Builder
- Special:InfoboxBuilder―A graphical user interface for creating portable infoboxes.
- Special:Insights—Displays monthly statistics of active users, edits, uploads, and other useful data.
- Partner feed
- Special:PartnerFeed—RSS feed for types of wiki actions and content.
Other special pages
- Sign Up
- Special:UserSignup―Redirects to the page for signing up to Fandom.
- Confirm email
- Special:WikiaConfirmEmail―Confirm your email address. Will redirect to main page if your address is already confirmed or the confirmation link expired.
- Achievements Leaderboard
- Special:Leaderboard—A ranked list of users by achievement badges.
- Book sources
- Special:BookSources—Used when an ISBN is linked to on a page. See Manual:ISBN for more information and right syntax.
- Special:Community―Community Page (enabled by request; not enabled by default on all wikis). Partially editable by admins.
- Log in / create account
- Special:UserLogin—Sign in to your Fandom account.
- If user is signed in, it redirects to the main page of the wiki.
- Most linked-to files in content namespaces
- Special:MostLinkedFilesInContent—List of images linked in content namespaces.
- Random page in category
- Special:RandomInCategory—Generates a random page limited to the named category
- Templates on Fandom
- Special:Templates—List of templates.
- Wiki Features
- Special:WikiFeatures to view, some special pages are only available if the corresponding feature is enabled on the wiki.
More special pages
These pages are not listed on Special:SpecialPages.
- Activity feed
- Special:WikiActivity—A visual feed of edits and communication on the wiki
- Add videos
- Special:WikiaVideoAdd—Embed an external video on the wiki
- Change password
- Special:ChangePassword—Change the password associated with your user account
- Diff view
- Special:Diff—Links to a specific diff on the wiki. Must be used with supplied diff ID as a subpage
- Example: Special:Diff/1 or Special:Diff/1/2
- File path
- Special:FilePath—Returns the complete path for a file
- Link search
- Special:LinkSearch—Searches through all external links on the wiki
- Move page
- Special:MovePage—Move a page
- Permanent link
- Special:PermanentLink—Links to an old revision of a page. Must be used with supplied old revision ID as a subpage
- Example: Special:PermanentLink/1
- Special:Search—Search the wiki (Help:Searching)
- Your contributions
- Special:Mycontributions—Redirects to your contributions page
- Your talk page
- Special:Mytalk—Redirects to your talk page or message wall
- Your uploads
- Special:Myuploads—Redirects to the page with your uploads
- Your user page
- Special:Mypage—Redirects to your user page
- Block log - blocks and unblocks (Help:Blocking)
- Deletion log - deleted and undeleted pages (Help:Deletion)
- Import log - administrative imports of pages with edit history from other wikis
- Merge log - list of the most recent merges of one page history into another
- Move log - list of page moves (Help:Moving pages)
- User creation log - list of newly created accounts.
- Protection log - list of page protections and unprotections (Help:Page protection)
- Upload log - list of images uploaded (Help:Uploading files)
- User rights log - changes to user rights (Help:User rights)
- Wiki Features log - changes to wiki features.
- User avatar log - changes to user avatars.
- Template classification log - changes to template types.
Some extensions also add new log types to the wiki (these will only exist if they are enabled at your wiki). Examples:
- Chat Ban log - list of chat bans.
- Patrol log - log of patrolled revisions
- Abuse Filter log - log of changes to abuse filters.
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience