- For other uses, see Horatio.
The USS Lydia Sutherland was perhaps named after two ships Hornblower commanded, the Lydia and the Sutherland.
History and specificsEdit
In 2293, Kirk gave Spock a paper copy of a Hornblower novel as a farewell gift to remember him by, before they disembarked at Earth Spacedock from the USS Enterprise-A. Spock appreciated the gift. (TOS novelization: Generations)
- The TOS novel: Ship of the Line was named after a Hornblower book. Author Diane Carey introduced each section with a Hornblower quote.
- TOS novelization: Generations
- TOS novel: Starfleet Academy
- TOS - Worlds Apart novel: The Final Reflection
- TOS novel: Mindshadow
- TOS - Fortunes of War novel: Battlestations!
- TNG novel: I, Q
- ENT - The Romulan War novel: To Brave the Storm