Hyronalin (also spelled hyronalyn or hyronaline)) was a drug used to treat radiation poisoning, used during the 23rd and 24th centuries. It had been a standard treatment for radiation poisoning since the late 2100s decade. (TOS episode: "The Deadly Years"; ST website: StarTrek.com)
History and specifics[edit | edit source]
In 2376, the inhabitants of Europa Nova used hyronalin to treat those suffering from exposure to the theta radiation from the Malon tanker Apsac. They began to run out, although they changed to arithrazine as it better treated the unusual effects of theta radiation better than hyronalin. (DS9 novel: Demons of Air and Darkness)
Appendices[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- TOS episode: "The Deadly Years"
- DS9 episode: "Visionary"
- DS9 novel: Demons of Air and Darkness
- TOS short story: "First, Do No Harm"
- TNG episode: "Final Mission"
- VOY comic: "Repercussions"
- Star Trek Adventures RPG module: The Sciences Division