I Am Captain Kirk is a children's book, the first in the TOS Little Golden Books series published by Random House in January 2019. This book introduces readers to Captain James T. Kirk and the crew of the USS Enterprise.
- 1 Publisher's description
- 2 Summary
- 3 References
- 4 Appendices
- Boldly go where no one has gone before with this first-ever Star Trek Little Golden Book — featuring Captain James T. Kirk!
- Whether making strange new discoveries at the farthest reaches of the galaxy or facing off against Klingons and other alien races, find out what makes Captain James T. Kirk the most famous starship captain ever. Star Trek fans of all ages will love this action-packed Little Golden Book featuring Captain Kirk and the crew of the USS Enterprise from the classic TV series in a unique retro art style!
Captain Kirk introduced young readers to the mission of the Enterprise as well as its crew: First Officer Spock, Chief Medical Officer Leonard McCoy, Communications Officer Nyota Uhura, Helmsman Hikaru Sulu, and Montgomery Scott, the ship's Engineer and Second Officer.
- Christine Chapel • Pavel Chekov • James T. Kirk • Leonard McCoy • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Nyota Uhura • unnamed USS Enterprise personnel (2260s) (engineer) • unnamed Klingons
- Referenced only
- Amanda Grayson • S'alath • Sarek • T'Pring
Starships and vehicles
Races and cultures
States and organizations
Science and technology
- communicator • engine • hypospray • Jefferies tube • knife • PADD • transporter • tricorder • turbolift
Ranks and titles
- captain • chief communications officer • chief medical officer • doctor • engineer • Federation Starfleet ranks (2260s) • first officer • helmsman • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • rank • science officer • second officer • Starfleet ranks
- assignment patch • asteroid • beam • biobed • bridge • galaxy • language • logic • mugato • races and cultures • sickbay • space • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (2265-2270) • transporter room • tribble • universe
- Pavel Chekov and Christine Chapel were depicted in artwork but unnamed.
- Sarek was illustrated, and both he and Amanda Grayson were cited in narration, but neither was referenced by name. They would also be shown in the next novella, I Am Mr. Spock.
- TOS - Star Trek Video Communicator comic: "Star Trek Stars" – An introduction to the refit Enterprise crew in the 2270s in a comic strip provided in McDonald's Happy Meals.
|Little Golden Books||Next story:|
I Am Mr. Spock
Too Many Tribbles!