History and specifics
One star chart placed the system in the general vicinity of Deneb, Cygnia Miros and DeHa, in a location somewhat close to the Federation's border with Tholian territory. (FASA RPG module: Trader Captains and Merchant Princes)
- In ENT episode: "Damage", Illyrians in the Delphic Expanse stated that without a warp coil they would be three years away from their home. They did not name it, however, leaving it uncertain whether they referred specifically to Illyria or somewhere else, perhaps one of the Illyrian colony worlds.
In the 2260s, Ilyria VI became a Federation member planet. Harry Mudd visited the system in 2268 or 2269, fraudulently selling Starfleet Academy to its inhabitants. (TAS - Log Three novelization: Mudd's Passion)
In 2274, the USS Enterprise pursued the USS Icarus to the Ilyrian system. Ailing non-corporeal Phaetonians aboard Icarus generated a white hole in the system and sent their ship through it into an exotic dimension. The Enterprise pursued, eventually returning to normal space 200 parsecs away. (TOS comic: "Eclipse of Reason")
- Illyria system primary star
|Alpha and Beta Quadrant stars and star systems (I)|
|Iconia • Icor • Ifrea-3 • Ikaal • Illyria • Ilmatar • Immel • Innaxx • Innerol • Intellas • Iotia • Isis • Isis Kash • Itari • Izell|
|Alpha Quadrant stars and systems (I)||Iadara • Ibarri • Iconia • Inkaria • Iota Andromedae • Iota Boötis • Iota Cephei • Iota Draconis • Iota Ursae Majoris • Irtok • Izar system|
|Beta Quadrant stars and systems (I)||i Centauri • Iconia • Ikalia • Imaga • Iota Carinae • Iota Eridani • Iota Geminorum • Iota Hydri • Iota Leonis • Iota Pavonis • Ivor|
- The USS Illyria was named for the system or the planet Illyria, or possibly for an Earth region in Europe by that name known to ancient Greeks and Romans which was the setting of William Shakespeare's Twelfth Night.
- The planet Illyria's orbital position within the system has yet to be specified.
- In 2019, the real-world star HD 82886 was given the name Illyrian. This star was 416 light years from Earth, visible in the constellation Leo Minor. (HD 82886 article at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.)