|This article or subsection has an associated category.||Izar|
Izar (or Epsilon Boötis III) is a Class M planet located in the Epsilon Boötis system of the Alpha Quadrant. In 2183, the United Federation of Planets established the Izar colony on the planet's surface, and the planet quickly became a member world, with a predominantly human population.
- The LUG RPG module: All Our Yesterdays: The Time Travel Sourcebook states that Izar became a Federation member in 2179.
History and specificsEdit
Izar's weather is infamous in the Federation for high winds, dust storms and tornadoes, which all occur on a regular basis. As a result most of Izar's settlements are located underground, since Izar is geologically inactive.
Starfleet's Kharicson Training Base is located here, on the continent of Pangaea, whereas New Seattle, the largest city and planetary capital is home to the Izar Institute of Meteorology. (ST reference: The Worlds of the Federation)
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||Izarians|
Some of Izar's most famous citizens include:
- Starfleet Fleet Captain Kelvar Garth, aka "Garth of Izar", one of Starfleet's greatest captains
- Thomas Oromon, the 23rd President of the United Federation of Planets
- Christine Vale, Starfleet officer, security chief on the USS Enterprise-E and CO of the USS Titan
- TLE novel: Catalyst of Sorrows
- ST - Typhon Pact novel: Seize the Fire
- FASA RPG module: The Federation
- FASA RPG module: Star Fleet Intelligence Manual
- LUG RPG module: All Our Yesterdays: The Time Travel Sourcebook
- ST reference: The Worlds of the Federation
- ST reference: Star Charts