- See Wallace for other articles with titles that contain, either by relationship or by coincidence, this character's surname.
In 2261, Wallace was on Benecia completing her doctorate when she met James T. Kirk. They had a brief romance and actual engagement. While on a date at the Moonbeam Club they mutually decided to split up so that they could concentrate on their respective careers. (TOS novel: The Autobiography of James T. Kirk, TOS comic: "Captain James T. Kirk: Psycho-File")Wallace eventually wound up serving on a distant outpost, where she met and married co-worker, Theodore Wallace. Unfortunately, Wallace was widowed prior to 2267.
In 2267, she boarded the USS Enterprise, which was under Kirk's command, and worked with Dr. Leonard McCoy and his team to combat a radiation disease that were causing members of a landing party to Gamma Hydra IV to age rapidly. Together, Wallace and McCoy was able to discover that adrenaline was the cure to the disease, and all but one member of the landing party made a full recovery. (TOS episode: "The Deadly Years")
- The novelization specified the cure to be AMP, cyclic adenosine 3-5 monophosphate. Wallace synthesized a batch of the chemical, but warned that its known side effects were cardiac arrest and cerebral hemmorhage. She administered the shot to Kirk. (TOS novelization: The Deadly Years)
In 2293, while writing his autobiography, Kirk wrote that Wallace had been aboard the USS Vengeance, which was considered lost with all hands in 2283 after it disappeared. (TOS novel: The Autobiography of James T. Kirk)
- Kirk may have been unaware of the final fate of Wallace and that ship’s crew, as Wallace was seen later in 2293.
In 2293, Wallace attended Kirk's memorial service that was held on the grounds of Starfleet Academy. Also in attendance were former crewmembers of the Enterprise and some of his other old "acquaintances". (TOS - Crucible novel: The Fire and the Rose)
- TOS episode & novelization: The Deadly Years
- TOS novel: The Autobiography of James T. Kirk
- TOS comic: "Captain James T. Kirk: Psycho-File"
- TOS - Crucible novel: The Fire and the Rose
- ST novel: The Captain's Table (Biography, James T. Kirk)
- TOS novel: The Case of the Colonist's Corpse
- TOS novel: Strangers from the Sky