- 1 Publisher's description
- 2 Summary
- 3 References
- 4 Appendices
Publisher's description[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
- Captain's log, stardate 4623.4 — The Enterprise is at warp 6 heading toward space station L-6, known as "Jutterdon". We will take on supplies and give shore leave to off-duty personnel.
Montgomery Scott transported Kirk, Spock and McCoy over to the space station. Immediately they were assaulted by strange creatures wearing Starfleet uniforms who put them in the station's brig. McCoy's medscanner showed that these creatures were actually Human. Soon the three officers were brought before Nebula and his wife Stellar, who had taken over the station. They'd mutated the station's personnel with the use of a machine.
Kirk and McCoy were strapped into this machine and mutated, with McCoy growing fangs and Kirk becoming hairier. Stellar ordered the creatures to attack them, but one of them slipped Kirk his communicator so they could beam back to the ship. In sickbay, as McCoy waited to be treated by a nurse, he lamented that this was one time he'd prefer to be a Vulcan. Once the antidote returned them to normal, they returned to the bridge. Spock reported three vessels were now chasing the Enterprise.
- Captain's log, stardate 4623.5 — Nebula and Stellar have foolishly left Jutterdon with their crews and have attacked the Enterprise. Although their ships are easily maneuvered, they are no match for the Enterprise.
The ship's main phasers destroyed one spacecraft and immobilized the other two. Their crews were captured. While McCoy administered antidotes to station personnel, Commander Phobos thanked Kirk for getting his station back. Phobos said they all were granted an extra day of shore leave.
References[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Pavel Chekov • James T. Kirk • Leonard McCoy • Nebula • Phobos • Spock • Montgomery Scott • Stellar • Hikaru Sulu • Nyota Uhura • unnamed Starfleet personnel • unnamed USS Enterprise personnel (2260s)
Starships and vehicles[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
Races and cultures[edit | edit source]
States and organizations[edit | edit source]
Science and technology[edit | edit source]
- communications • communicator • Jutterdon machine • medical tricorder • medscanner • phaser • viewscreen
Ranks and titles[edit | edit source]
Other references[edit | edit source]
- antidote • bridge • brig • crew • galaxy • helm • machine • red alert • shore leave • sickbay • space • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (2265-2270) • transporter room • warp six
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
- The book was 8 1/2" x 12". It contained a 16-page story printed on bright, white paper. It also included four pages of stickers containing painted images. Readers were to place the stickers on specific spots, then color the rest of the pages.
- The front cover depicted Kirk on the bridge following exposure to the Jutterdon machine. In the story, however, he was cured in sickbay before going to the bridge.
- The back cover contained an illustration of the bridge and bridge officers that could be trimmed and folded into a standup model.
Related stories[edit | edit source]
Images[edit | edit source]
Connections[edit | edit source]
"Rescue at Raylo"
|Whitman Publishing Coloring Book Stories||Next story:|