The truth behind the legend of the Klingon Empire's greatest warrior.
Summary[edit | edit source]
- From the book jacket
- Kahless the Unforgettable...
- For the last fifteen hundred years, the Klingons have revered him as the first Klingon emperor, the legendary warrior who united their people and taught them the meaning of honor. Myths and fables have grown around the memory of Kahless, but the truth of his incredible life has remained a mystery... until now.
- A clone of the original Kahless now holds the title of emperor. He thinks he knows all there is to know about his mighty ancestor, until the discovery of an ancient scroll throws the ancient stories into doubt and threatens to tear the Klingon Empire apart. Surrounded by treachery and rumors of revolt, he can trust no one—except Captain Jean-Luc Picard and Lieutenant Worf of the USS Enterprise.
- The ancient scroll reveals an unimagined past where a young Klingon warrior named Kahless risks everything to defy the tyrant Molor. At first Kahless wishes only to preserve his honor and the safety of his loved ones, but times and circumstances push the reluctant rebel leader toward a destiny greater than any he could have ever imagined....
- The past collides with the present as the true story of the historical Kahless sparks a battle for control of the entire Klingon Empire. Yet even if Worf and Picard can prevent a civil war, the revelations contained in the scroll ensure that the Klingon Empire—and the rest of the galaxy -- will never be the same.
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
References[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Adjur • Data • Edronh • Godar, son of Gudag • Goradh • Gowron, son of M'Rel • Kahless (clone) • Kahless the Unforgettable • Kardem • Kellein • Koroth • Kurn, son of Mogh • Lomakh • Majjas • Molor • Morath • Muuda • Olmai • Jean-Luc Picard • Porus • Rannuf • William T. Riker • Alexander Rozhenko • Shurin • Starad, son of Molor • Tichar • Deanna Troi • Unarrh, son of Unagroth • Vathraq • Worf, son of Mogh
Starships and vehicles[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- An'quat • B'aaj • Boreth • Chu'paq Sea • Donar'ruq • Great Hall • Kerret'raa • Khitomer • Kurn's Estate • M'riiah • Ogat Academy • Ogat • Qo'noS • Serra'not • T'chariv • Tolar'tu • Uhq'ra' Mountains
Races and cultures[edit | edit source]
- android • Betazoid • Byndarite • Human • Klingon
- Referenced only
- Ferengi • Pandrilite • Pescalian • Romulan
States and organizations[edit | edit source]
- Clerics of Boreth • Klingon Defense Force • Klingon Empire • Klingon High Council • Starfleet • Starfleet Command • United Federation of Planets
Science and technology[edit | edit source]
Ranks and titles[edit | edit source]
Other references[edit | edit source]
- A'bindo • bat'leth • d'k tahg • Gon'rai Rebellion • jinaq • Krad'dak • kraw'za • Micayah • minn'hor • Miravian slime devil • Muar'tek Festival • pherza • planet • s'tarahk • scroll • Tor'rif • tran'nuc • tree • Vorch-doh-baghk, Kahless • yolok
Apppendices[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
- The audio adaptation by the author omits the "even chapters" of the novel that reveal the "true" events of Kahless' life. This means that the audiobook is only an adaptation of the framing story about the discovery of the scroll and the conspiracy surrounding it.
Related stories[edit | edit source]
Connections[edit | edit source]
|TNG unnumbered novels||Next novel:|
Ship of the Line
The Soldiers of Fear
|TNG novels||Next novel:|
|Star Trek hardcovers||Next novel:|
Michael Jan Friedman
Chapter 12, Sections 6-8
|The above chronology placements are based on the primary placement in 2371.|
The Pocket Books Timeline places events from this story in one other timeframe:
The Romulan Way
The Romulan Way
[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.