"Keenser's Story" was the fourteenth issue of IDW Publishing's ongoing series of Star Trek comics. The stand-alone issue was an original story focused on the character of Keenser. Issue art was by Stephen Molnar, with colors and lettering by John Rauch and Neil Uyetake, respectively. This comic was edited by Scott Dunbier, with Roberto Orci credited as creative consultant.
- 1 Summary
- 2 References
- 3 Chronology
- 4 Appendices
Summary[edit | edit source]
As a child on the planet Royla, Keenser was often picked on for being larger than everyone else. His father often had to save him, and he was getting tired of it. Then in the year 2230, the USS Kelvin contacted Royla. Captain Robau, Lieutenant Commander Kirk, and Lieutenant K'Bentayr arrived using a shuttlecraft, as the transporter was offline for repairs at the time, and greeted the Roylans peacefully. Later while trying to repair the shuttlecraft, Keenser helped pinpoint a problem. Keenser joined Starfleet and graduated three years later, just as the Kelvin was destroyed. He went through many assignments. His latest, prior to the Enterprise, was Delta Vega, in the Vulcan system. He was the chief engineer there. At the time, the outpost at Delta Vega was full of people. As time went on, many of them left, and Keenser was alone until Montgomery Scott arrived. One day, when the two were walking outside they came across a monster which Keenser scared by staring at it. The two were firm friends since although they did not always get along very well.
Keenser succeeds in repairing a problem by going through a small shaft. After that, Keenser laughs.
References[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
Starships and vehicles[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
Races and cultures[edit | edit source]
States and organizations[edit | edit source]
Science and technology[edit | edit source]
Ranks and titles[edit | edit source]
- captain • chief engineer • commanding officer • engineer • first officer • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • officer • security officer
Other references[edit | edit source]
- engineering • government • nation-state • outpost • planet • races and cultures • rank • recreation room • security • Starfleet uniform (Prime) • Starfleet uniform • technology • title • uniform • year
Chronology[edit | edit source]
- USS Kelvin establishes first contact with Royla. Keenser joins Starfleet.
- USS Kelvin is destroyed. Keenser graduates from Starfleet Academy.
- Keenser is assigned to Delta Vega as its chief engineer.
- Montgomery Scott arrives.
- Scott and Keenser transfer to the USS Enterprise.
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
- The story's title was published in the omnibus The New Adventures, Volume 2.
- Multiple time periods in this story coincide with the events of TOS movie: Star Trek.
Related stories[edit | edit source]
Images[edit | edit source]
Cover gallery[edit | edit source]
Connections[edit | edit source]
|The Original Series (IDW series)||next comic:|
"Mirrored, Part 1"