Keith R. A. DeCandido is a prolific author of Star Trek books, novellas, short stories, eBooks, and comic books. He co-created the Star Trek: Corps of Engineers (formerly Star Trek: Starfleet Corps of Engineers) eBook series with John J. Ordover, and has written more eBooks in the series than anyone else. He has edited or co-edited several Trek short story collections, and was the editor responsible for the Star Trek original eBook line from 2000-2008, which included not only CoE, but the anniversary miniseries Mere Anarchy and Slings and Arrows.
He has written stories based on the first five live-action Star Trek TV series, including the first single story to encompass all five (The Brave and the Bold), as well as several of the prose-only series. He is also the creator of the Star Trek: Klingon Empire (formerly Star Trek: IKS Gorkon) novel series.
In 2009, DeCandido was named a Grandmaster by the International Association of Media Tie-In Writers, for his extensive body of work in tie-ins.
He lives in New York City.
DeCandido is one of several authors who have produced annotations for their published works.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- Perchance to Dream (TNG comic, 1999-2000)
- Fatal Error (SCE eBook, 2000)
- Diplomatic Implausibility (TNG novel, 2001)
- Cold Fusion (SCE eBook, 2001)
- Invincible, Part One & Part Two (with David Mack) (SCE eBooks, 2001)
- Gateways Book 4: Demons of Air and Darkness (DS9 novel, 2001. Reprinted in the Twist of Faith omnibus, 2007.)
- "Horn and Ivory" (DS9 novella in Gateways: Book 7: What Lay Beyond, 2001. Reprinted in the Twist of Faith omnibus, 2007.)
- Here There Be Monsters (SCE eBook, 2001)
- War Stories, Book 1 & Book 2 (SCE eBooks, 2002)
- The Brave and the Bold, Book One & Book Two (novels, 2002)
- Breakdowns (SCE eBook, 2003)
- "Broken Oaths" (DS9 short story in Prophecy and Change, 2003)
- No Limits, co-editor with Peter David (NF anthology, 2003)
- "Revelations" (NF short story in No Limits, 2003)
- The Art of the Impossible (novel, 2003)
- A Good Day to Die (IKS Gorkon novel, 2003)
- Honor Bound (IKS Gorkon novel, 2003)
- Tales of the Dominion War, ed. (anthology, 2004)
- "The Ceremony of Innocence is Drowned" (short story in Tales of the Dominion War, 2004)
- A Time for War, A Time for Peace (TNG novel, 2004)
- Ferenginar: Satisfaction is Not Guaranteed (DS9 novel in Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Volume 3, 2005)
- Enemy Territory (IKS Gorkon novel, 2005)
- Articles of the Federation (novel, 2005)
- Tales from the Captain's Table, ed. (anthology, 2005)
- "loDnI'pu' vavpu' je" (IKS Gorkon short story in Tales from the Captain's Table, 2005)
- Security (SCE eBook, 2005)
- "Letting Go" (VOY short story in Distant Shores, 2005)
- Many Splendors (SCE eBook, 2006)
- The Mirror-Scaled Serpent (VOY novel in Mirror Universe Volume 2: Obsidian Alliances, 2007)
- Q & A (TNG novel, 2007)
- "Four Lights" (TNG short story in The Sky's the Limit, 2007)
- Klingon Empire: A Burning House (renamed I.K.S. Gorkon series, 2008)
- Slings and Arrows Book 6: Enterprises of Great Pitch and Moment (TNG eBook, 2008)
- A Gutted World (Star Trek: Myriad Universes novel, Echoes and Refractions, 2008)
- "Family Matters" (Star Trek: Mirror Universe short story, Shards and Shadows, January 2009)
- A Singular Destiny (novel, February 2009)
- Alien Spotlight: Klingons: Four Thousand Throats... (comic book, April 2009)
- Wrath: "The Unhappy Ones" (TOS novella, Seven Deadly Sins, March 2010)
- Captain's Log: Jellico (comic book, October 2010)
- The Klingon Art of War: Ancient Principles of Ruthless Honor (reference book, 2014)
[edit | edit source]
- Keith R.A. DeCandido at The Internet Movie Database.
- Keith R.A. DeCandido article at Memory Alpha, the wiki for canon Star Trek.
- Keith R.A. DeCandido article at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- DeCandido.net: The Home Page of Keith R.A. DeCandido
- KRAD's Inaccurate Guide to Life - Author's LiveJournal