|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
|Alphabetical list of Klingonese glossary|
|0-9 | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | '|
P[edit | edit source]
- tlhIngan Hol word corresponding to "love" or "romance", but - according to Jadzia Dax - "with more aggressive overtones". It is sometimes transliterated as par'Mach'kai. (DS9 episode: "Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places", ST reference: Klingon for the Galactic Traveler)
- tlhIngan Hol term used to refer to a lover or romantic partner, sometimes transliterated as par'Mach'kai. While Deanna Troi was dating Worf, she refered to herself as his par'Mach'kai. Esther Silver also called her fiancée, Khor, par'Mach'kai. (ST reference: Klingon for the Galactic Traveler; DS9 episodes: "Shadows and Symbols", "Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places"; TNG - Perchance to Dream comic: "By a Sleep to Say We End"; SCE eBook: Breakdowns)
- tlhIngan Hol term which is translated as "the Age of Inclusion". (ST reference: The Klingon Dictionary)
- It is unclear how this age relates to the Age of Ascension (nenghep). When the Romulan Star Empire attacked Khitomer in 2346, Worf had not yet reached his Age of Inclusion. (TNG episode: "Heart of Glory")
- tlhIngan Hol term referring to a child. (ST reference: The Klingon Dictionary; TOS novel: Crossroad)
- tlhIngan Hol word for "daughter". It is commonly heard in matronyms, such as HuS 'atrom puqbe' (Huss, daughter of A'trom). (ST reference: Klingon for the Galactic Traveler)
- tlhIngan Hol word for "son". It is commonly heard in patronyms, such as wo'rIv mogh puqloD (Worf, son of Mogh). ST reference: Klingon for the Galactic Traveler)
- tlhIngan Hol word for "phaser". Related terms include pu'HIch ("phaser pistol"), pu'beH ("phaser rifle") and pu'DaH ("phaser bank"). (ST reference: The Klingon Dictionary)
- tlhIngan Hol insult with no known translation. The plural form is petaQpu'. (ST reference: The Klingon Dictionary, TNG episode: "The Defector", TOS novel: Prime Directive, ST - Seven Deadly Sins novella: The Unhappy Ones)
- This word appears in a large number of works and is spelled in numerous ways, including pahtk and pahtal. The spelling used here, petaQ, comes from The Klingon Dictionary.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.