Characteristics and historyEdit
A geyser of molten lead once threatened to set down upon a Starfleet landing party from the Federation starship USS Enterprise as they traveled planet Klatoor between the plateaus of Amsha and Kla seeking components to build a cyclonic generator from the five plateau-dwelling tribes of the Klatoor natives. (TOS - Star Trek Annual 1978 comic: "... Wild Goose Chase!")
There was a high lead content in the soil above the underground Federation Battle Station Torgu-Va. This blocked the tricorder uplink that Commander William T. Riker had with the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D). (TNG novel: The Forgotten War)
- TNG novel: The Forgotten War
- ST reference: Star Fleet Medical Reference Manual
- TOS - Rihannsu novel: My Enemy, My Ally
- TOS - New Earth novel: Challenger
- ENT episode & novelization: Broken Bow
- TNG episode: "Hide and Q"
- VOY novel: Unworthy
- TOS episodes: "Where No Man Has Gone Before", "The Doomsday Machine", "A Private Little War"
- VOY episode: "Learning Curve"
- TAS episode: "The Infinite Vulcan"