- For other uses, see Lifesigns.
"Lifesigns" was the 51st issue of DC Comics' ongoing series of TNG comics. The issue consisted of a 24 page story, edited by Alan Gold, authored by guest writers Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens. Regular writer Michael Jan Friedman would return the following issue. The art was penciled by Peter Krause and inked by Mike Christian, with Rick Taylor and Richard Starkings credited as colorist and letterer, respectively. This was Krause's final issue as the regular penciller of the series.
- 1 Summary
- 2 References
- 2.1 Characters
- 2.2 Starships and vehicles
- 2.3 Locations
- 2.4 Races and cultures
- 2.5 States and organizations
- 2.6 Science and classification
- 2.7 Ranks and titles
- 2.8 Other references
- 3 Appendices
Summary[edit | edit source]
- Captain's log, stardate 42102.5
- We are investigating the unexpected supernova of Epsilon Miranda. Sadly, our sensors indicate that the star's fifth planet was inhabited by intelligent beings who had not yet developed space travel.
- When their sun exploded two months ago, they had no chance of escape…
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
References[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Wesley Crusher • Data • Geordi La Forge • Miles O'Brien • Jean-Luc Picard • Katherine Pulaski • William Riker • Ruez • Deanna Troi • Worf
Starships and vehicles[edit | edit source]
- Chris Pike (type-15 shuttlepod) • USS Enterprise-D (Galaxy-class explorer) • NCC-1701-D Shuttlepod 01 (type-15 shuttlepod)
Locations[edit | edit source]
Shipboard locations[edit | edit source]
Planets and planetoids[edit | edit source]
Stars and systems[edit | edit source]
Stellar regions[edit | edit source]
Races and cultures[edit | edit source]
- Referenced only
States and organizations[edit | edit source]
Science and classification[edit | edit source]
- anatomy • energy • lifeform • matter • radiation • space • star • star system • supernova • technology • telepathy • weapon
Measurement[edit | edit source]
Lifeforms[edit | edit source]
Anatomy[edit | edit source]
Materials and substances[edit | edit source]
Technology and weapons[edit | edit source]
- biofilter • combadge • computer • dilithium field containment unit • mark VI battle phaser • neutrino dampening fusion extinguisher • phaser • probe • satellite • sensor • shuttle • shuttlepod • starship • transporter • tricorder • TR-560 tricorder VI • type-2 phaser • viewscreen • warp core • warp drive
Ranks and titles[edit | edit source]
- acting ensign • captain • chief engineer • chief medical officer • chief petty officer • commander • commanding officer • counselor • doctor • engineer • ensign • executive officer • Federation Starfleet ranks • Federation Starfleet ranks (2350s-2360s) • flight controller • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • lieutenant junior grade • operations manager • science officer • second officer • security chief • tactical officer • transporter chief
Other references[edit | edit source]
- captain's log • emotion • fifth planet • government • insignia • intruder alert • log entry • logic • nation state • planet • races and cultures • rank • rank insignia • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (2350s-2366) • Starfleet uniform (environmental variants) • title • uniform
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
- The authors dedicated this issue "with love, from the shark people" to Chloē Montana Amsden.
- This is the second of three occasions that Katherine Pulaski appeared on the cover of a Star Trek comic, and is one of only a handful of issues that she appears in. Her previous cover appearance was on TNG comic: "Return to Raimon", which was also drawn by this issue's cover artist J.K. Moore. Her next appearance was 21 years later on "Flesh and Stone" by IDW Publishing.
- This is the final of only three issues in this series not written by Michael Jan Friedman. Guest writers Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens wrote this issue while regular writer Friedman took time off following the biweekly storyline that ended in issue #50. The other guest writers had been Dave Stern and Mike O'Brien on TNG comic: "Forbidden Fruit" and Kevin Ryan on "Honor Bound!".
- The TNG ongoing series had storylines that were chronologically sequential, running from TNG's second season until TNG movie: Generations. This issue represents one of three occasions where that sequence was broken, with this story taking place shortly before the first issue of the series, at the beginning of TNG's second season. At this point in the series, the comics were concurrent with the sixth season of TNG. The previous out-of-sequence issues were TNG comic: "Forbidden Fruit", which took place at the beginning of the third season while the comic was entering the fourth season, and TNG comic: "Honor Bound!", which took place prior to Wesley's departure while the series was entering the fifth season. Not coincidentally, all three non-sequential issues were written by guest writers.
- This was Peter Krause's final issue as regular series penciller. Although several other artists were rotated in during biweekly release changes and one-shot storylines, Krause provided pencil art for over two years, making him the most prolific penciller of the TNG series. Krause would return later in the series to do covers for a four-issue storyline.
Images[edit | edit source]
Connections[edit | edit source]
Timeline[edit | edit source]
And Death Shall Have No Dominion
DC monthly series
The Rich and the Dead!
Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next Adventure:|
|Voyages of the
USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D)