- There once was a painter named Seff
- Who was color-blind, palsied and deaf
- When he asked to be touted,
- The critics all shouted:
- 'This is Art—with a capital F.'
Note that the last words in the first, second and fifth lines rhyme, as do the words in the second and third lines.
In 2257, Gilhooley played three-dimensional chess with James T. Kirk aboard the USS Farragut and told him some "off-color" limericks the day before an attack by a dikironium cloud creature. (TOS - My Brother's Keeper novel: Constitution)
Nyota Uhura was skilled in composing limericks. After recovering from an attack by the space probe Nomad in 2267, however, Uhura wasn't sure if this was true or if Christine Chapel was just teasing her about them. (TOS - Constellations short story: "See No Evil")
- TNG episode: "The Naked Now"
- ENT episode: "Rogue Planet"
- VOY episode: "Ashes to Ashes"
- VOY episode: "Fair Haven"
- TOS - My Brother's Keeper novel: Constitution
- TOS comic: "Aberration on Abaris"
- TOS - Constellations short story: "See No Evil"
- TNG - The Q Continuum novel: Q-Zone
- TNG - A Time to... novel: A Time to Heal)
- DS9 novel: Far Beyond the Stars
- VOY novel: Shadow of Heaven