Characteristics and history[edit | edit source]
In the year 2156, the Enterprise provided magnesium, tungsten, and cobalt to the Tellarite freighter pilots Skalaar and Gaavrin so that they could rebuild their warp coils. (ENT - The Romulan War novel: To Brave the Storm)
In 2274, Commander Kolak’s Klingon battle cruiser vaporized a magnesium-laden planetary fragment in the Vulpecula 12 system. The overwhelming flash of the blast overloaded sensors and temporarily disabled the pursuing Federation starship USS Enterprise. (TOS comic: "Restructuring Is Futile")
Later that year, phaser fire ignited magnesium within a rock formation with on Miaplacidus V. When the resulting flare blinded "Spock", he exposed himself as a fake to Leonard McCoy, who knew that the Vulcan had inner eyelids. (TOS comic: "The Quality of Mercy")
Appendices[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- TNG episodes: "The Best of Both Worlds", "Night Terrors"
- DS9 episodes: "The Forgotten", "Civil Defense"
- VOY episode: "One Small Step"
- TOS novel: World Without End
- TOS - The Enterprise Logs comic: "Volume 1"
- TOS comic: "Restructuring Is Futile"
- TOS comic: "The Quality of Mercy"
- ENT - The Romulan War novel: To Brave the Storm
- ENT - Strange New Worlds 10 short story: "Universal Chord"
- TTN novel: Synthesis
- ST reference: Star Fleet Medical Reference Manual