Michael Okuda is a scenic and graphic artist who worked on all live-action Star Trek series. He also served as a technical consultant to the script writers on the shows, along with Rick Sternbach, and has contributed to several Star Trek publications.
Okuda has worked on, every Star Trek series since Star Trek: The Next Generation and completed the collection in 2006 when he and his wife, Denise Okuda, became produces on the Star Trek remastering project, working on new CGI visual effects for Star Trek: The Original Series. Okuda's credits also extend to the Star Trek movies, working on every film from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home until Star Trek Nemesis and contributing to the video game Star Trek: BorgIn 2001, Okuda designed the new title logo for the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine relaunch novels. (DS9 novel: Avatar, Book One)
Between his Star Trek and NASA creations, Michael Okuda has made quite a name for himself as a graphic designer. Okuda recently helped NASA develop the logos for the Constellation Program. For his help with this project, Okuda received the NASA Exceptional Public Service Medal on July 9, 2009. “The projects I’ve done have always promoted the value that exploration is good and that it can lead to things we can’t even imagine today,” Okuda said.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual (with Rick Sternbach)
- Star Trek Encyclopedia (with Denise Okuda)
- Star Trek Chronology (with Denise Okuda)
- Ships of the Line 2007: "Sea Trial, Duty" (with Doug Drexler, July image)
- Ships of the Line (text and reprint of previous image)
- Introduction, ST reference: USS Enterprise Owners' Workshop Manual
- Ships of the Line 2014: Designed the IXS Enterprise emblem for "Mars in One Minute Twenty-Five Seconds" (October image) by Mark Rademaker
- Graphics by Michael Okuda
- Michael Okuda article at Memory Alpha, the wiki for canon Star Trek.
- Michael Okuda article at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Michael Okuda at The Internet Movie Database.
- Michael Okuda biography at StarTrek.com, the offical Star Trek website.