- For the military designation for personnel status, see: missing in action.
- 1 Introduction (blurb)
- 2 Summary
- 3 References
- 4 Appendices
Introduction (blurb)[edit | edit source]
Peter David's unforgettable novels of Captain Mackenzie Calhoun and the crew of the Starship Excalibur remain one of Star Trek's most popular book series among fans. Now, David continues the thrilling new direction for the New Frontier universe begun in After the Fall with a novel that will shock and delight longtime and brand-new readers of this acclaimed series.
Following the dramatic events of After the Fall, Captain Mackenzie Calhoun and the crew of the USS Excalibur find themselves catapulted headlong into another universe, far from the New Thallonian Protectorate and sector 221G...a place where an ancient war rages between two powerful alien races. But Calhoun has no intention of staying here for very long and, adopting the time-honored philosophy of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend," takes it upon himself to somehow (and by any means necessary) persuade one side or the other to help him and his crew get back home.
Meanwhile, the shadow of war has fallen over the New Thallonian Protectorate, and an embattled Si Cwan faces growing treachery as he attempts to maintain his tenuous hold on power. With Starfleet and the Federation declaring sector 221G temporarily off-limits, Admiral Elizabeth Shelby and Captain Kat Mueller decide to take matters into their own hands, ignoring orders by trying to find some way of getting to the Excalibur, presuming there is any Excalibur to get to. But they never count on the most unexpected of allies -- an old friend whose shifting loyalties are about to be put to the ultimate test even as a growing cataclysm looms....
Summary[edit | edit source]
|This article is a stub relating to an author, illustrator or other publishing production information. You can help our database by expanding on it.|
References[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Topez Anat • Ankar • Aquila • Aurelius • Burgoyne 172 • Mackenzie Calhoun • Si Cwan • Desma • Fhermus • Julian Fox • Mick Gold • Edward Jellico • Kalinda • Kassir • Zak Kebron • Keesala • Henri L'Ecole • Robin Lefler • Lucius • Lyla • Maurus • Craig Mitchell • Moke • Shiboline M'Ress • Katerina Mueller • Arex Na Eth • Pontalimus • Morgan Primus • Q • q • Selar • Elizabeth Shelby • Soleta • Romeo Takahashi • Termic • Tania Tobias • Villers • Vitus • Xyon • Xyon of Calhoun
- Referenced only
- François-Marie Arouet • Freeman Dyson • Hiren • James T. Kirk • Mark McHenry • Jean-Luc Picard • Shinzon • Tiraud •
Starships and vehicles[edit | edit source]
- IRW Dhael • USS Excalibur-A • Lyla • Scimitar • IRW S'harien • IRW Spectre • Stingray • USS Trident • USS Voyager
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Ares IV • Cheng • Earth • Gravis • Nelkar • Nemosia • New Thallon • Priatia • Q Continuum • Remus • Romulan Neutral Zone • Romulus • Sector 221-G • Space Station Bravo • Teuthian • Teuthis Corridor
Races and cultures[edit | edit source]
- Andorian • Bolgar • Borg • Caitian • Hermat • Nelkarite • Priatian • Q • Romulan • Teuthis • Thallonian • Triexian • Vulcan
States and organizations[edit | edit source]
- Borg Collective • House of Cwan • House of Fhermus • New Thallonian Protectorate • Office of Planetary Affairs • Romulan Star Empire • Starfleet • United Federation of Planets
Science and technology[edit | edit source]
Ranks and titles[edit | edit source]
Other references[edit | edit source]
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
- This is the second half of a duology begun in After the Fall.
Images[edit | edit source]
Connections[edit | edit source]
Timeline[edit | edit source]
After the Fall
|NF novels||Next novel:|
|NF Stories||Next story:|
Death in Winter
|Star Trek hardcovers||Next novel:|
A Time for War, A Time for Peace