- 1 Publisher's description
- 2 Summary
- 3 References
- 4 Timeline
- 5 Appendices
- Master photostory artist/writer John Byrne presents the comic-book return of the Gorn in an all-new, never-before-seen story that picks up where the fan-favorite episode "Arena" left off, as the Federation's first attempts at a Gorn peace treaty take a dire turn!
- And as an extra-special bonus, this issue also contains a representation of Star Trek: Leonard McCoy: Frontier Doctor #1, written, penciled, and inked by Byrne!
- Captain's log, stardate 3391.6
- USS Enterprise holding at the boundary of Gorn space. We have been here for seventeen hours…
- Captain's log, supplemental.
- The Gorn Ambassador's party was safely aboard… but what we could not know then was that one among the party was a saboteur bent on the destruction of the mission, and this ship!
- Captain's log, stardate 3391.9.
- First Officer Spock… and myself… are the only members of the… bridge crew who… have not… succumbed to… the heat. The Gorn… Ambassador… and her party… are unaffected… by the… heat. I hope… that is also… the case with… the Gorn accompanying… Engineer… Scott.
- Ansstass • Pavel Chekov • Ali Harper • James T. Kirk • Krassass • Leonard McCoy • Roger • Montgomery Scott • Shrakiss • Spock • Ssarkoss • Hikaru Sulu • Nyota Uhura • unnamed USS Enterprise personnel
- Referenced only
Starships and vehicles
Races and cultures
States and organizations
Science and classification
- antimatter induction coil • battery • communications • computer virus • deflector shield • Gorn sabotage device • induction circuit • interphase coupling • Jefferies tube • navigation beam • phaser • structural integrity • technology • transporter • turbolift • warp drive • warp engine
Ranks and titles
- ambassador • captain • chief delegate • chief engineer • crewman • doctor • engineer • first officer • lieutenant commander
- antimatter • assignment patch • atmosphere • bridge • brig • captain's log, USS Enterprise, 2267 • corridor • dress uniform • engineering • Federation Starfleet ranks (2260s) • gravity • honor • honor guard • hour • hull • hyperspace • lizard • log entry • logic • meter • minute • prayer • quarters • salamander • sickbay • star • Starfleet uniform (2265-2270) • time warp • transporter room • treaty
- September 2016
- First published as a special Humble Bundle release by IDW Publishing.
- August 2017
- Reprinted in the omnibus New Visions, Volume 5. (IDW Publishing)
- February 2020
- Reprinted in hardcover in Graphic Novel Collection premium subscription photonovel #5. (Eaglemoss Collections)
- This story was provided as part of a joint 50th anniversary celebration of Star Trek by Humble Bundle and IDW Publishing. To benefit charity, packages of 50 different comic bundles were offered. This exclusive comic was the promotion's fourth tier reward for a donation of $25 or higher. (The Humble Bundle: Star Trek article at the Major Spoilers blog)
- The title derives from a quote by Christopher Marlowe in his play The Jew of Malta, Act II: “Now will I show myself to have more of the serpent than the dove; that is, more knave than fool.” (The Jew of Malta article at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.)
#13: The Hidden Face
To Reign in Hell: The Exile of Khan Noonien Singh
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next adventure:|
The Mimicking Menace