Bojnoggi, a very popular Tellarite drink, was a thick, tan-colored broth that tasted like caffeinated mushroom soup. Bersh glov Mog introduced Anthony Leone to it in 2265. Though he couldn't pronounce it, it became his favorite morning drink. (VAN novels: Summon the Thunder, Reap the Whirlwind)
In 2268, Enyart's restaurant at Starbase 12 served buffalo steak with onions and mushrooms. James T. Kirk, Spock and Leonard McCoy ate this meal once, with Spock avoiding the meat. (TOS novel: The Starship Trap)
In 2273, psychotropic mushrooms were ingested by archeologists Elsa Hoff and Paul Hoff on Abaris as part of their research into Abaris native culture, but it made them irrational and paranoid. Hikaru Sulu identified six mushroom species on the planet, including a variation of amanita muscaria with unique bioluminescence and enormous size. (TOS comic: "Aberration on Abaris")
In 2281, Cleante al-Faisal recalled her first time eating Vulcan mushrooms. She'd eaten a pink and purple Vulcan variety with caps that were the size of dinner plates. T'Shael had harvested them carefully, leaving the stem undamaged so the cap could regrow. (TOS novel: Dwellers in the Crucible)
In 2293, Kirk learned that a tasty-looking field of toadstools at Starbase 499 was actually a gathering of a sentient, telepathic species. Though he'd always liked eating mushrooms, Kirk thought it might be a while before he next ate some. (TOS novel: The Fearful Summons)
In 2369, Starfleet Academy survival training included familiarity with fungi and mushrooms. Klingon student Tagar participated in a group exercise in the wilderness along with Harry Kim and was well-trained in selecting safe mushrooms to eat for their nutritional value. (VOY novel: Pathways)
Mushrooms were a delicacy for B'Elanna Torres and Harry Kim. In 2374, Tom Paris attempted to cultivate mushrooms for Torres aboard USS Voyager, with Kim allowing them to be grown in his quarters. Paris dreamed of grilling them, but circumstances derailed his plans. (VOY - String Theory novel: Cohesion)
- Abaris natives (TOS comic: "Aberration on Abaris")
- Cytrops 469 natives (TOS novel: The Fearful Summons)
- Gendlii of Gemworld (TNG novel: Gemworld, Book 2)
- Planet 656 natives (TOS comic: "Ground Zero")
- Amanita muscaria • Amanita pantherina • cremini • Fimaldian mushroom • goschmol • nicbar mushroom • Nezu candy-tufted mud fungus • Pholiotina cyanopus • portobello • Psilocybe baeocystis • Psilocybe pelliculosa • Psilocybe silvatica • Xantaxan mushroom
- Abaris • Angira • Belle Terre • Cytrops 469 • Earth • Gemworld • Helva • Kirlos • Mishkara • Ocampa • Planet 656 • Ryolanov • Tellar • Vulcan
Foods and beveragesEdit
- bojnoggi • fettucine primavera • mushroom cheese canapé • mushroom gravy • mushroom risotto • mushroom soup • omelet • pizza • stew • Talaxian mushroom soup • wild mushroom pilaf
- TOS movie: The Voyage Home
- VOY episode: "Heroes and Demons"
- VOY episode: "Real Life"
- VOY episode: "State of Flux"
- TOS comic: "Aberration on Abaris"
- TOS comic: "Ground Zero"
- TNG novel: Gemworld, Book 2
- TOS novel: The Fearful Summons
- TOS novel: The Prometheus Design
- VOY - String Theory novel: Cohesion
- VOY episode: "Tuvix"
- VOY episode: "The Chute"
- DS9 episode: "You Are Cordially Invited"
- ENT episode: "Desert Crossing"
- TOS novel: Trek to Madworld
- TOS novel: Dwellers in the Crucible
- TOS novel: Strangers from the Sky
- TOS novel: How Much for Just the Planet?
- TOS novel: The Starship Trap
- TOS novel: Traitor Winds
- TOS - Vulcan's Soul novel: Exodus
- ST - The Captain's Table novel: Where Sea Meets Sky
- ST - Gateways novel: Chainmail
- TNG novel: Doomsday World
- VOY novel: Incident at Arbuk
- VOY novel: Pathways
- VAN novel: Summon the Thunder
- VAN novel: Reap the Whirlwind
- VAN novel: Precipice