- Cover blurb
- Captain Kirk sees ancient history — being unmade!
| This summary is taken, with permission, from the Star Trek Comics Checklist|
A deposed dictator escapes and travels back in time via the Guardian of Forever. Kirk, Spock, and McCoy must alter history so that Hannibal is defeated by the Romans.
- Guardian of Forever • Hannibal • James T. Kirk • Leonard McCoy • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Trengur • Nyota Uhura
- Referenced only
- Adolph Hitler • George Washington
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- USS Enterprise (Constitution-class) • USS Enterprise (NCC-2101) • automobile • train • rocket spacecraft
- Earth (Alps • Rome) • Gateway
- Referenced only
- Earth (America • Carthage • New York) • Oorego IV • Terra Minor
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Science and technologyEdit
- alternate timeline • antimatter bomb • atmosphere • Bubonic Plague • communicator • computer bank • drug • historical tape • hypospray • phaser • prime universe • sickbay • space-time continuum • time • time travel • time warp • transporter
Ranks and titlesEdit
- 218 BC • 21st century • American Revolution • armor • army • elephant • history • horse • insane asylum • logic • Military Science • outpost • refugee • shield • skiing • Starfleet uniforms • student • sword • Vulcan nerve pinch • year
- 218 BC – Hannibal's army crossed the Alps to invade the Roman Empire.
- 2240s – during his time at medical school, McCoy skied in the Alps
- The Earthfleet Enterprise appeared structurally and functionally identical to its Starfleet analog.
- Only alternate timeline versions of Hikaru Sulu and Nyota Uhura appeared in this story and were briefly seen. Montgomery Scotts appeared from both the prime universe and the alternate timeline.
- The Guardian was depicted about three times larger than it had been in its canon appearance, with the portal appearing nearly 20 feet tall.
- Spock lied to Scott about Kirk’s condition to avoid arrest and having to remain in the alternate universe.
- Harlan Ellison's The City on the Edge of Forever – When Beckwith changed history through the Guardian of Forever, Enterprise crew found themselves in an alternate timeline aboard the SS Condor.
- TAS episode: "Yesteryear" – Time travel through the Guardian resulted in Kirk and Spock transposing to an alternate timeline where the ship’s science officer was Thelin th'Valrass.
- TOS episode: "Mirror, Mirror" – Enterprise officers transposed with counterparts in the Mirror Universe.
A World Against Itself
Spore of the Devil
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.