At the edge of the final frontier.
Cardassian agents covertly return to Bajor to retreive an ancient artifact hidden when the occupation came to an end. When touched, the artifact emits waves of temporal distortion, creating disturbances across the Federation and alerting the artifact's creators, an ancient race eager to reclaim what was once their most feared weapon.
Benjamin Sisko • Kira Nerys • Miles O'Brien • Quark • Jake Sisko • Julian Bashir • Jadzia Dax • Hikaru Sulu • Dukat • Keiko O'Brien • Rom • Pelek • Tartek • Malbret • Benjamin Maxwell • Will Kayden • Khan Noonien Singh • Gaius Julius Caesar • Curzon Dax • Zek • Morn • Sebarr • unnamed Cardassians • unnamed USS Rutledge personnel • unnamed Deep Space 9 personnel • unnamed USS Defiant (NX-74205) personnel
Starships and vehicles
Outposts and stations
Planets and planetoids
Stars and star systems
Materials and substances
Races and cultures
Ranks and titles
States and organizations
Weapons and technology
- Includes alternate timelines.
- Ancient Rome
- Julius Caesar declares himself dictator of the Roman Empire, as witnessed by timeshifted Bashir.
- 27 October, 1995
- Khan declares victory over the civilized world, as witnessed by timeshifted Sisko.
- Late-23rd or early-24th century
- Captain Hikaru Sulu becomes the lover of timeshifted Keiko Ishikawa-O'Brien.
- Miles O'Brien is timeshifted and finds himself a commander in the first Cardassian War under the command of Captain Ben Maxwell.
- During the Cardassian withdrawal, miners discover the temporal device. They seal the mine intending to recover it later.
- The O'Briens visit a camp on Bajor near the abandoned mine. Gul Tartek's team lands nearby.
This story did not explicitly state a time frame for the primary, unaltered chain of events, however, it seems to have taken place in 2371, sometime after Sisko was promoted to captain, but before the arrival of Worf on the station in early 2372.
The artist depicted two of Bajor's moons in some panels but it wasn't specified which of Bajor's multiple moons these were.