History[edit | edit source]
In 2153, Charles Tucker III and Hoshi Sato tasted a bowl of pisarko made by Trant Neesa. They expected it to taste like oatmeal, but the bland mixture of sugars and starches just tasted weird to them. (ENT novel: Daedalus)
In 2270, a food processor computer malfunctioned aboard the USS Enterprise, becoming obsessed with oatmeal. During its efforts to draw more power and produce more of the food, it attempted to redirect warp engine power into a Jefferies tube. An ensign newly assigned to the ship discovered its tampering, and his efforts to repair the computer buried him in oatmeal. (TOS - Which Way Books novella: Voyage to Adventure)
- In two alternate endings of the ensign's struggles with the food processor, he was killed.
In 2270, Montgomery Scott and Leonard McCoy debated whether the breakfasts they'd been served during a conference on Starbase 10 were more like oatmeal or grits. Scott's aunt Amelia cooked excellent oatmeal, whereas McCoy's grandmother made excellent grits. Both thought it an insult to their relatives to call it either. (TOS - Constellations short story: "Where Everybody Knows Your Name")
In 2352, Robin Lefler enjoyed oatmeal. She preferred it less lumpy, the way her father Charles Lefler made it. Her mother Morgan Primus cooked it lumpier. (NF - No Limits short story: "Lefler's Logs")
In 2377, Suzi Powell brought Raynr Sleven a bowl of oatmeal for lunch. He was recuperating from injury and suggested a bland food, but he thought it was delicious. (TNG novel: The Genesis Wave, Book 3)
Personal tastes[edit | edit source]
- Carol Abramowitz: with raisins (SCE eBooks: Wildfire, Book 1, Failsafe)
- Jeremy Grayson: with extra cinnamon and raisins (TOS novel: Strangers from the Sky)
- Carol Marcus: with cinnamon, her favorite breakfast (TNG novel: The Genesis Wave, Book 2)
- Mattkah: covered with honey (TOS novel: The Last Roundup)
- William T. Riker: with cinnamon (TNG novelization: Unification)
- Lian T'su: steaming hot (SCE - What's Past eBook: Many Splendors)
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- TOS novel: Strangers from the Sky
- TOS - Which Way Books novella: Voyage to Adventure
- TNG novel: The Genesis Wave, Book 2
- TNG novel: The Genesis Wave, Book 3
- TOS novel: The Last Roundup
- TOS - New EarthRough Trails novel:
- DS9 - The Lives of Dax short story: "The Music Between the Notes"
- SCE eBook: Invincible, Part One
- SCE - What's Past eBook: Many Splendors
References[edit | edit source]
- DS9 episode: "Captive Pursuit"
- DS9 episode: "The Nagus"
- DS9 episode: "The Storyteller"
- VOY episode: "Phage"
- TNG novelization: Unification
- TOS novel: Ishmael
- TOS - The Captain's Table novel: Where Sea Meets Sky
- TOS novel: In the Name of Honor
- TOS novel: Spock's World
- TOS comic: "The Trial of Captain Kirk"
- VOY novel: Mosaic
- VOY novel: The Garden
- VOY novel: Ghost of a Chance
- ENT novel: Daedalus
- STA eBook: Three
- SCE eBooks: Wildfire, Book 1, Failsafe
- TOS - Constellations short story: "Where Everybody Knows Your Name"
- NF - No Limits short story: "Lefler's Logs"