- Referenced only
Starships and vehicles
Races and cultures
States and organizations
Science and classification
- Bussard collector • computer • computer core • deflector shield • hail • holodeck • hologram • hull • impulse engine • interphasic boundary • interspace • navigation beacon • optical data network relay • Paranoid Mode • phaser array • self destruct • sensor • shield generator • starship • subspace communication • targeting sensor • tractor beam • warp core • warp drive • warp nacelle • warp signature
- angstrom • animal • battle bridge • blood • brain • bridge • class D planet • corona • day • glass • history • hydrogen • laboratory • light-year • month • nebula • orbit • philosophy • plant • pulsar • quasar • radiation • second • sleep • speed of light • star • star system • subspace • universe • year
- 5 June 2334: The USS Carpenter is listed as missing.
- Enterprise experienced nearly three months in the alternate universe but returned at almost the instant she left.
- The communications code Carpenter used to contact Enterprise was nearly seventy years old, and Enterprise is noted to be seventy years more advanced than Carpenter at the time of its disappearance, which indicates this story takes place in either the 2400s, or Carpenter actually went missing around the turn of the 24th century and wasn't listed as missing until 2334.
- TNG episode: "Emergence" - The Enterprise creates its own offspring.
- TTN novel: Synthesis - The USS Titan's computer becomes self-aware and takes on the holographic character Minuet as it's avatar.
- The story's name comes from the Lewis Carroll poem "The Walrus and the Carpenter".
|Strange New Worlds I
The Monkey Puzzle Box