Kirk and Spock invade a Klingon warship in—Operation Con Game. – "Operation Con Game" was the sixty-first and final issue of Gold Key Comics' 1970s series of Star Trek comics. The issue was written by George Kashdan and drawn by Alden McWilliams.
- 1 Summary
- 2 References
- 3 Appendices
Summary[edit | edit source]
|This summary is taken, with permission, from the Star Trek Comics Checklist|
- Captain's log, stardate 3504.7.
- While exploring a neutral sector near the Klingon Empire, sensors have picked up rare but familiar emanations.
- Captain's log, stardate 3504.5.
- We have suddenly found ourselves enmeshed in one of the biggest swindle-schemes in the history of the galaxy.
References[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- James T. Kirk • Spock • Leonard McCoy • Montgomery Scott • Nyota Uhura • Harry Mudd • unnamed Klingons • unnamed USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) personnel
Starships and vehicles[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
Shipboard locations[edit | edit source]
- USS Enterprise
Planets and planetoids[edit | edit source]
Stellar locations[edit | edit source]
Races and cultures[edit | edit source]
States and organizations[edit | edit source]
Technology and weapons[edit | edit source]
- command chair • communicator • deflector shields • force field • impulse engine • phaser • starship • tractor beam • transporter • tricorder • viewscreen • warp drive
Ranks and titles[edit | edit source]
- captain • chief engineer • chief medical officer • commander • commanding officer • communications officer • engineer • executive officer • Grand Qaal • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • science officer
Materials and substances[edit | edit source]
Other references[edit | edit source]
- captain's log • energy • Federation Starfleet ranks • Federation Starfleet ranks (2266-2270) • gas • government • humanoid • insignia • law • log entry • matter • nation-state • planet • races and cultures • rank • rank insignia • science • scientist • space • star • stardate • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (2265-2270) • system • technology • title • uniform • war • weapon
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
- This was the final issue of the Gold Key Comics run of TOS comics. While the series had generally been monthly, there were several bouts of irregular releases and hiatus periods. After 12 years of publication, the run only yielded 61 issues. The price of an issue rose from 12 cents to 35 cents over the run of publication. Monthly production of a Star Trek comic would resume later in 1979 with Marvel's ongoing series that premiered with "The Motion Picture".
- The stardates of the captain's log entries progress backward in the story.
- Pavel Chekov and Hikaru Sulu do not appear in this story.
- This issue was slated to be collected in The Key Collection, Volume 7, but that volume was never released after Checker Book Publishing Group ended The Key Collection series with Volume 5.
Images[edit | edit source]
Connections[edit | edit source]
#60: The Empire Man
|TOS (Gold Key)||Next comic:|
The Brain-Damaged Planet
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next adventure:|
Siege in Superspace
|The adventures of Harcourt Fenton Mudd||Next story:|
[edit | edit source]
- Operation Con Game article at Memory Alpha, the wiki for canon Star Trek.
- Operation Con Game article at Curt Danhauser's Guide to the Gold Key Star Trek Comics.