Glossary[edit | edit source]
- a'sloointa dinpayav
- A grave insult that translates to English as "no-necked offworlder". (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: Shadows of the Indignant)
- Term used to refer to non-Payav outsiders. (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBooks: The Centre Cannot Hold, Shadows of the Indignant)
- See also "mar-tunyor".
- Word meaning "demon", which, despite its literal translation, can be used as an affectionate description of a young child (i.e. "you little demon!"). (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: The Centre Cannot Hold)
- hoy'an Atyya
- Expression of surprise. (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: The Blood-Dimmed Tide)
- Given the context of this phrase, and others using the word "Atyya", it seems this phrase would translate as "Oh, my God!"
- Word which refers to non-Payav, used primarily in the mar-Atyya religious tradition. (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: The Darkness Drops Again)
- See also "dinpayav".
- Unflattering term in the Payav language, presumably akin to "bastard" or "jerk". Daki orGalya referred to her husband, Cart etDeja, as a condescending vikak, though she allowed, "he's our vikak". (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: The Darkness Drops Again)
Connections[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.