- For other uses, see Pe.
Characteristics and history[edit | edit source]
Pergium, in its most stable form, has an atomic mass of 292. Unsynthesized deposits of this substance was discovered by Humans for the first time on planet Mercury, in the year 2023. This metal is part of the trans-uranic series of heavy elements. (ST reference: Star Fleet Medical Reference Manual)
Pergium is typically used in energy production and life support systems by thousands of planets, making it a valuable commodity. One of the Federation's largest sources of pergium in the 23rd century was the mining colony on planet Janus VI, where it was eventually extracted through the joint efforts of the native Horta and Human colonists. (TOS episode: "The Devil in the Dark")
Yanas Tigan and her family owned an operated a pergium facility on Sappora VII. It was once the fifth largest in the sector, until the Ferengi discovered a larger quantity on Timor II and established their own mining concern. (DS9 episode: "Prodigal Daughter")
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
In real-life science, element 111 has only recently been discovered, and named "roentgenium" (Rg). Some models of theoretical science have stated that heavy elements on this scale cannot exist in nature. Subspace science mentioned in Star Trek may account for the contradiction of this being a resource on other worlds.
References[edit | edit source]
- TOS episode: "The Devil in the Dark"
- ST references: Star Fleet Medical Reference Manual, The Worlds of the Federation, Science Logs
- DS9 novel: Devil in the Sky
- DS9 episode: "Prodigal Daughter"
- TOS novels: The Case of the Colonist's Corpse, Cast No Shadow
- DS9 - Mission Gamma novel: Cathedral
- TLE novel: Serpents Among the Ruins
- ST - Vulcan's Soul novel: Exiles
- DS9 - The Lives of Dax short story: "Second Star to the Right..."
- TOS comic: "All the Infinite Ways"
- MU - Obsidian Alliances novella: Saturn's Children
- ST - New Worlds, New Civilizations short story: "Mother's Day"
- DS9 - Ultimate Annual comic: "No Time Like the Present"
- TTN novel: Over a Torrent Sea
- ENT - The Romulan War novel: Beneath the Raptor's Wing
- STO novel: The Needs of the Many
- VAN novel: What Judgments Come
- VAN - Declassified short story: "Almost Tomorrow"
- ST - Strange New Worlds VII short story: "Guardians"