Kirk must die for the Evictors to survive! — "Planet of No Life" was a comic book story published by Gold Key Comics in 1978. It was the 11th issue drawn by Alden McWilliams and the 19th of 22 written by Arnold Drake. In this story, a sequel to "The Evictors", the USS Enterprise visits colonists struggling to survive on an irradiated planet in the year 2268.
- 1 Description
- 2 Summary
- 3 References
- 4 Appendices
- Who can imagine the pain and rage of a people denied their own birthworld for 500,000 years? And now, facing this outcast people for a second time. Captain Kirk becomes the single target of all that blind anger ... sentenced to death beyond belief on the Planet of No Life.
- Captain's log, stardate 19.28.07
- I have called a staff officer's meeting to discuss an unusual appointment to the ship's complement!
- Captain's log, stardate 19.28.07
- Assigned to explore a world that should be uninhabitable, Lieut. Jinz and I found it to be the host planet of the Sanoora, people without a world!
- Bir • Dahvi • Inoduku • Jinz • James T. Kirk • Leonard McCoy • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Nyota Uhura • Zotar • unnamed USS Enterprise personnel (2260s) (nurse)
Starships and vehicles
- Referenced only
- Nrakan ship • Sanoora world ship
Races and cultures
States and organizations
- Federation • Sanoora Builders • Sanoora Returners • Sanoora Supreme Council • Starfleet Academy • Starfleet High Command
Science and classification
- anti-radiation formula • bomb • camera • cell • chemilyzer • central computer • communications • dome • energy wall • laser • missile • pistol • planetary development rating • host planet rating • observatory • scanner • sector • star chart • sword • video camera • viewscreen • weapon
Ranks and titles
- captain • councilor • Federation Starfleet ranks (2260s) • general • lieutenant • magician • minority leader • rank • scientist • slave • Starfleet ranks • supreme councilor • technician
- amino acid • animal • assignment patch • atmosphere • briefing room • canyon • chicken • coffin • custard pie • day • drive-in movie • element • golf • history • homeworld • hornet • language • lifeform • light speed • logic • minute • mile • money • month • moss • mule • palace • piano • protein • radiation • rebellion • rock • sausage • second • sickbay • slavery • snake • soil • space • specialist rating • standard orbit • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (2265-2270) • transporter room • tree • whale • year
- 500,000 years ago
- Sanoora evacuated the planet Nraka in a fleet of Sanoora world ships to avoid deadly radiation from a rogue star, leaving some people behind.
- 10,000 years ago
- First recorded history of Nrakan civilization.
- The Enterprise combated the Sanoora at Nraka.
- The Enterprise discovered the Sanoora host planet.
- TOS comic: "The Evictors" – Prequel to this story, with Sanoora attempting to reclaim Nraka and expel its current inhabitants.
- TOS comic: "The Final Truth" – As on the adopted Sanoora planet, Tristas is covered with a surface layer of moss, which the Tristians use to manufacture food and everything else needed for their civilization.
- A four-page flashback recounts the events of TOS comic: "The Evictors".
- Inoduku, Dvor, Rava, and Zotar are recurring characters who previously appeared in "The Evictors".
- The cover depicted minority leader Bir's political opinion that Kirk should die, but the scene as shown did not actually happen in the story.
#49: A Warp in Space
|Star Trek: The Original Series
#51: Destination Annihilation
Murder on the Enterprise
A World Against Itself
A Warp in Space
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next adventure:|
Star Trek: The New Voyages
- January 1978
- First published by Gold Key Comics
- September 2008
- Included on The Complete Comic Book Collection DVD (Graphic Imaging Technologies)
- 20 December 2018
- Reprinted in Graphic Novel Collection #52 (Eaglemoss)