- For other uses, see Pollux.
Pollux (or Beta Geminorum) was a star with an associated star system, located in the Orion sector and Sirius sector block of the galaxy's Beta Quadrant, in Federation space. (TOS episode: "Who Mourns for Adonais?"; ST reference: Star Charts; STO - Tutorial mission: "Communication Breakdown")
History and specifics
The Pollux system was the location of the planet Pollux IV. That class M planet and the rest of the system were surveyed by the USS Enterprise in the year 2267. They met Apollo, last of the Beings, who became romantically involved with crewmember Carolyn Palamas before dissolving himself into the wind. (TOS episode: "Who Mourns for Adonais?")
- In TNG video game: Birth of the Federation, the orbital configuration of the game map star systems was randomly generated each time a new game started. Neither were any history or specifics are established for this location in Starfleet Command III, as its name was arbitrarily selected for a Federation system on the game map by the game software, with random attributes.
In 2409, the Borg Collective returned to local space and erected a transwarp gate in the orbit of Pollux IV. The USS Khitomer was left damaged. Its recovery effort was aided by the USS Chimera. Captain Nog and a field-promoted lieutenant in command of the late Captain Masc Taggart's frigate investigated the Borg presence and engaged waves of Borg spheres and Borg probes until the Khitomer and Pollux were safe. (STO - Tutorial mission: "Communication Breakdown")
- Pollux I (class H desert planet)
- Pollux II (class D planet
- Pollux III (class J gas giant)
- Pollux IV (class M planet, Being colony until 2267)
- Pollux V (class M planet, former Nauian homeworld)
|Andorian stars and star systems|
|Andorian home system (Epsilon Indi)|
|25 Canis Majoris • 78 Geminorum • 94 Leonis • Aemusa 885 • Alpha Quarram • Antipathy • Baran • Beta Forminia • Beta Geminorum • Beta Indi • Beta Leonis • Beta Rosa • Delta Canaris/Delta Canis Majoris • Denebola • Dundee • Eloras 375 • Epsilon Indar • Epsilon Keva • Gamma Eta Dara • Gamma Indus 552 • Jarovalla • Jaxsen • Jidop • Kadass • K'Kronn • Parim 758 • Pollux • Scorpi Maxima • Tau Anacrilus • Tau Tauri • Telcosus • Thalak • Thalassa • Tharsis • Thonolan • Threllvia • Trilith • Vorna • Wezen • Zeta Minoris|
|Stars, systems and objects of the Gemini constellation|
|37 Geminorum (Kantare) • Alpha Geminorum (Castor) • Beta Geminorum (Pollux) • Delta Geminorum (Goren) • Epsilon Geminorum • Gamma Geminorum (Alhena) • Iota Geminorum (Tribble system) • Kappa Geminorum • Lambda Geminorum • Rho Geminorum (Preenos) • Sigma Geminorum • Xi Geminorum (Alzirr) • Zeta Geminorum (Maximilian)|