- Continuing the bestselling tradition begun by Star Trek hardcovers like Spock's World, Imzadi, Best Destiny, and The Devil's Heart, Pocket Books is proud to present the newest epic adventure starring Captain Picard and the crew of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D.
- In all of his travels, Captain Jean-Luc Picard has never faced an opponent more powerful than Q, a being from another continuum that Picard encountered on his very first mission as captain of the Starship Enterprise. In the years since, Q has returned again and again to harass Picard and his crew. Sometimes dangerous, sometimes merely obnoxious, Q has always been mysterious and seemingly all-powerful.
- But this time, when Q appears, he comes to Picard for help. Apparently another member of the Q Continuum has tapped into an awesome power source that makes this being more powerful than the combined might of the entire Q continuum. This renegade Q is named Trelane—also known as the Squire of Gothos, who Captain Kirk and his crew first encountered over one hundred years ago. Q explains that, armed with this incredible power, Trelane has become unspeakably dangerous.
- Now Picard must get involved in an awesome struggle between super beings. And this time the stakes are not just Picard's ship, or the galaxy, or even the universe—this time the stakes are all of creation...
- Reginald Barclay • Joseph Cavalieri • Claire (teacher) • Beverly Crusher • Jack Crusher • Wesley Crusher • Sonya Gomez • Guinan • Homn • Caryn Johnson • Geordi La Forge • Andrea Martinez • Jean-Luc Picard • Q • Tommy Riker • William T. Riker • Trelane • Deanna Troi • Lwaxana Troi • Winnie the Pooh • Worf • Natasha Yar
Starships and vehicles
Races and cultures
States and organizations
Science and classification
- animal • brain • comm badge • gravity • hair • light • minute • phaser • starship • time • turbolift • universe
Ranks and titles
- bear • chair • classroom • day • duck • empathy • engineering • jacket • kangaroo • owl • planet • platypus • psychic • rabbit • storybook • stuffed animal • telepath • tiger • year
- This novel establishes Trelane as being a Q... specifically Q's godson, although it is implied that Trelane is Q's actual (but illegitimate) son.
- At one point, Trelane creates a real version of Winnie the Pooh. This ties in ever-so-loosely with the TOS novel: World Without End, which established an amusement park called Disneymoon on Luna.
|TNG hardcovers||Next novel:|
|The above chronology placements are based on the primary placement in 2370.|
The Pocket Books Timeline places events from this story in three other timeframes:
Where No Man Has Gone Before
Track A, Chapter 12