The Verity traveled to the Romulan colony at Yuyat Beta, in preparation for relocating the 10,000 colonists. Musiker and Picard were asked by Major-Domus Athus to beam to the planet to visit the colony leaders alone. Picard and Musiker were shocked to learn there was a native population of humanoids, 4 to 5 million strong. When Picard protested evacuating just the Romulans, Governor Shiana had Picard and Musiker imprisoned, cutting them off from the Verity in orbit. (PIC - Countdown comic: "Issue 1")
After Admiral Picard's resignation in 2385, Raffi began a long decline, eventually losing her security clearance and position in Starfleet. By 2399, she was estranged from her husband and son, and living in a small home at Vasquez Rocks. She had become acquainted with Cristóbal Rios well before then, having said they had known each other for years. (PIC episodes: "Maps and Legends", "Stardust City Rag", "The Impossible Box")
Appearances and references
- PIC novel: The Last Best Hope
- PIC - Countdown comic: "Issue 1"
- PIC - Countdown comic: "Issue 2"
- PIC - Countdown comic: "Issue 3"
- PIC episode: "Maps and Legends"
- PIC episode: "The End is the Beginning"
- PIC episode: "Absolute Candor"
- PIC episode: "Stardust City Rag"
- PIC episode: "The Impossible Box"
- PIC episode: "Nepenthe"