- See Bryce for other articles with titles that contain, either by relationship or by coincidence, this character's surname.
In 2269, as a lieutenant, Bryce served on the SS Ariel (survey ship/scout). While surveying Lactra VII, Bryce and fellow Ariel officers Tom Markel and Nancy Randolph spent six weeks trapped in the Lactra VII zoo, a zoo adapted with a humanoid-compatible habitat managed by Lactrans. The three officers were rescued by a landing party from the USS Enterprise. (TAS episode & Log Eight novelization: The Eye of the Beholder)
In 2290, as a commander, Bryce attended a reception in dress uniform at the University of Alpha Centauri in which Leonard McCoy and Spock were awarded the Zee-Magnees Prize for their work with chronometric particles and chronitons. McCoy recognized her and spoke with her briefly before the ceremony. (TOS - Crucible novel: Provenance of Shadows)
- Bryce was written as Leonard McCoy's daughter "Randi" in David P. Harmon's final draft script for TAS episode: "The Eye of the Beholder", dated 21 September, 1973. In that draft, the elder McCoy had recommended her for the mission, blamed himself for her predicament, and they hugged when they were reunited in the zoo. Otherwise, her role was the same as in the aired episode.
- Bryce was described as having a high-pitched voice with a birdlike quality in the novelization. She was voiced by Majel Barrett in the episode.
- Ariel personnel wore the Enterprise insignia design. Her name was spelled Randy Bryce in the novelization.
- TAS episode & Log Eight novelization: The Eye of the Beholder
- TOS - Crucible novel: Provenance of Shadows