"Red Level Down" was the twentieth issue of IDW Publishing's ongoing series of Star Trek comics. The stand-alone issue was an original story focused on the characters of Hikaru Sulu and Pavel Chekov. The story was written by Mike Johnson with art by Claudia Balboni, Luca Lamberti and Erica Durante.
- 1 Description
- 2 Summary
- 3 References
- 4 Chronology
- 5 Appendices
- The all-new origin stories of the Enterprise crew conclude with this special issue that focuses on TWO Trek Stalwarts: Sulu and Chekov! Witness their first meeting at Starfleet Academy, and learn how their paths intertwined all the way to the bridge of the Enterprise!
Sulu is considering joining the Red Squad. The squad leader, Amy McKenna, has a plan for that. Meanwhile, James T. Kirk helps a cadet named Pavel Andreievich Chekov back on his feet. Sulu is on a shuttlecraft with a partner named David Reed. In the dorms, Kirk and Chekov talk about the Kobayashi Maru scenario when Gaila arrives. On Federation Day, McKenna gets the Admiral's Award for Excellence. David Reed messes up the shuttlecraft that he and Sulu just as Chekov helps Kirk cheat at the Kobayashi Maru. Chekov saves McKenna from being impaled. Meanwhile, Sulu and Reed get the shuttle under control. Afterwards, Sulu refuses to join the Red Squad in front of McKenna. Months later, Sulu and Chekov meet on the Enterprise.
- Richard Barnett • Pavel Chekov • Gaila • James T. Kirk • Amy McKenna • Kyle McKenna • David Reed • Hikaru Sulu
- Referenced only
- Stacey McClour
Starships and vehicles
- California • Earth • Golden Gate Bridge • Iowa • Muir Woods • San Francisco • Starbase 1 • Starfleet Academy Dorms
Races and cultures
States and organizations
Science and technology
- anti-gravity engine • captain's chair • EM focusing coil • engine • light year • mobile teleport interface • program • sarium • shields • spacedock • subroutine • teleport • typewriter • velocity
Ranks and titles
- admiral • cadet • captain • freshman • janitor • pilot • President of the United Federation of Planets • senator
- Admiral's Award for Excellence • baby rattle • bathroom • Belzodian flea • bridge • bullsnake • chess • Federation Day • helm • lungworm • planet • Russian language • school • shuttle bay • snake • week • year
- The story's title was published in the omnibus The New Adventures, Volume 2.
- One time period in this story coincides with the events of TOS movie: Star Trek.
- This issue focuses on Sulu and Chekov.
The Voice of a Falling Star
|The Original Series (IDW series)||next comic:|
After Darkness, Part 1