IN THE MIRROR UNIVERSE . . .
Miles "Smiley" O'Brien struggles to hold together his weary band of freedom fighters in their war against the overwhelming might of the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance. Each day pushes the rebels on Terok Nor one step closer to defeat, but with nowhere left to run, the time has come to make their last stand.
Light-years away, Mac Calhoun and his Romulan allies harass Klingon forces with devious hit-and-run attacks. But Calhoun has a grander ambition: he intends to merge his fleet with the Terran Rebellion and lead it to victory—or die trying.
Meanwhile, a bitter feud threatens to shatter the Alliance from within. The old rivalry between the Klingons and the Cardassians erupts into open warfare as each vies for the upper hand in their partnership.
Manipulating events from its hidden redoubts, Memory Omega—the secret operation initiated by Spock a century earlier—sees its plans come to fruition sooner than expected. But striking early means risking everything—and if the revolution fails, Spock's vision for the future will be lost forever.
The Terran Rebellion are preparing to flee into the Badlands when Iliana Ghemor informs them that Bajor is about to leave the Alliance but wants the rebels to defend it against reprisals. O'Brien and his people put up a defense against a Cardassian fleet that attacks them and manages to stop them conquering Bajor but Terok Nor is destroyed in the process.
Meanwhile, Calhoun and his Romulan allies manage to destroy a large Klingon fleet that attempts to ambush them. The failure allows Klag to challenge and kill Martok and take over as regent. Soon after, Memory Omega agents telepathically cause many of the Cardassians to turn on each other, including Damar, who publicly assassinates Dukat. Damar eventually realizes the cause and has every alien slave in the Cardassian Union put to death.
O'Brien and Calhoun meet to discuss pooling their resources but are unable to agree who should lead an alliance. Memory Omega, who have amassed a large number of starships capable of generating wormholes, convince Jean-Luc Picard to take command of their flagship, Enterprise, and take control of the rebels. With their new technology, the rebels are able to simultaneously destroy a Klingon shipyard and liberate Earth, although several people are killed in the process.
Memory Omega also cause the Klingons to turn on each other, forcing Klag to have their slaves killed as well. With both Klingons and Cardassians facing rivalry from the Taurus Pact, a union of the Gorn, Tholians and Breen, the Ferengi recognise the new Terran state. Klag retaliates by using a trilithium explosive to destroy Ferenginar's sun. The dishonorable act allows Memory Omega agent Duras to kill him in a duel and replace him, before ordering a peace with the Terrans. Klingon and Cardassian fleets fight to mutual destruction over control of a strategic monitoring site.
Renegade Klingon Krona attempts to destroy Bajor's sun and only fails thanks to a suicide run from the Excalibur, with McHenry transporting the rest of the crew to safety and transferring his own consciousness to a Romulan ship's computer. A group of Obsidian Order ships also attack the fleet. Kes, a prisoner on one of the rebel ships, convinces Tuvok to let her use her mental powers to destroy the Cardassians then attempts to gain control herself, only to be killed when her power inhibitor explodes.
Memory Omega Director Saavik proposes an all-out war against the devastated but defiant Cardassian forces but O'Brien refuses. Instead, Iliana convinces Damar, a follower of the Oralian Way, to bring the movement out of hiding and turn Cardassia towards peace, making a truce with the Terrans. The former Terran states are recognized as the Galactic Commonwealth and the Romulans granted sovereignty.
With the war over, O'Brien retires to Earth with Keiko, leaving Eddington as Earth's representative in the new government and Ezri in charge of the Defiant and allowing the imprisoned Worf an honorable suicide. Saavik helps Ezri join with the Dax symbiont, kept alive in Curzon, the last surviving joined Trill. Unknown to anyone, however, the Dominion have just discovered the wormhole.
- Ajur • Azrene • Reginald Barclay • Sam Bowers • Boratus • M'k'n'zy of Calhoun • Chu'lak • Corat Damar • Trekal Darhe'el • Curzon Dax • Anthony DeCurtis • Skrain Dukat • Duras • Michael Eddington • Edoka • Eris • Iliana Ghemor • Goluk • Gor • Gorta • Gulal • Hiren • Keiko Ishikawa • Edward Jellico • Kaybok • Kes • Alan Kistler • Klag, son of M'Raq • K'Ehleyr • K'mtok • Kopek • Krona • Leeta • Robin Lefler • Pythas Lok • L'Sen • Martin Madden • Martok • Mark McHenry • Miral • Enrique Muñiz • Neelix • Miles O'Brien • Opaka Sulan • Parn • Kirsten Perez • Jean-Luc Picard • Saavik • Selar • Seska • Luther Sloan • Soleta • Lon Suder • Rebecca Sullivan • Enabran Tain • Taran'atar • Taurik • Prynn Tenmei • Ezri Tigan • T'Lana • T'Pel • Deanna Troi • Tuvok • Steven Wexler • Winn Adami • Worf • Min Zife • Zogozin
- Referenced only
- Julian Bashir • B'Elanna • B'Etor • Broca • Caretaker • Kal Dano • Elim Garak • Gowron • Cal Hudson • Jabin • Ja'rod • K'mpec • Kabor • Kahless • Kira Nerys • Kurn • Lursa • M'Rod • Alynna Nechayev • Molly O'Brien • Quark • Ratlik • Diego Reyes • Ro Laren • Rogan'agar • Benjamin Sisko • Spock • Surak • T'Prynn • Janel Tigan • Norvo Tigan • Yanas Tigan • Tora Ziyal • Kestra Troi • Lwaxana Troi • Vash • Kasidy Yates • Zek
- Alpha Quadrant • Arachnid Nebula • Athos IV • Badlands • Bajor (Elemspur Monastery) • Cardassia • Earth • Gamma Pavonis III • Gamma Quadrant • Ireland • Japan • Klach D'Kel Bracht • Kora II • Maldives • Okara • Okinawa • Qo'noS • Raknal Station • Tammeron • Terok Nor • Tranome Sar • Vulcan • Zeta Serpentis
- Referenced only
- Ashalla • Argolis Cluster • Betazed • Capella • Drema IV • Elas • Joch'chal Nebula • Koralis • Olmerak Prime • Orias • Primary universe • Rolor Nebula • Romulus • Rudellia • Rura Penthe • Romulus • Sarpedion • Vareth Dar
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- Ardent (Memory Omega starship) • IKS Bortas (Vor'cha-class) • Calypso (Trill outrider) • Courageous (Memory Omega starship) • Defiant (Defiant-class) • Enterprise (Memory Omega starship) • Excalibur (Xenexian starship) • Geronimo (Condor-class) • Intrepid (Memory Omega starship) • CDS Koranak • Ostrava (Cardassian starship) • IKS Ya'Vang (Vor'cha-class)
- Referenced only
- Capital Gain • ISS Enterprise • Independence • Kearsarge • Ketaras • Mostar • IKS Negh'Var • Prisika • Stargazer • OS Osskol • Yolja
Races and culturesEdit
- Andorian • Bajoran • Benzite • Betazoid • Bolian • Breen • Caitian • Cardassian • Denobulan • Gorn • Jem'Hadar • Klingon • Ocampa • Romulan • Talaxian • Tellarite • Terran • Tholian • Trill • Vorgon • Vorta • Vulcan • Xenexian
- Referenced only
- Borg • Danteri • Changeling • Grigari • Iconian • Kazon • Kinshaya • Prophet • Talarian
States and organizationsEdit
- Breen Confederacy • Cardassian Union • Dominion • Galactic Commonwealth • Klingon-Cardassian Alliance • Klingon Empire • Memory Omega • Taurus Pact • Terran Rebellion • Tholian Assembly • Vedek Assembly
- Referenced only
- Bajoran Parliament • Ferengi Alliance • Kazon-Ogla • Romulan Star Empire • Talarian Republic • Terran Empire • Terran Republic • Tzenkethi Coalition
- annular confinement beam • artificial wormhole • bahgol • Battle of Bajor • Cardassian lifeboat • cytozine • deuterium • dilithium • duranium • Emissary of the Prophets • fistrium • jaunt drive • kai • kanar • ketracel-white • krada • metaphasic radiation • operations situation table • Oralius • racht • Raknal Accords • regent • targ • Terran • topaline • Tox Uthat • warnog • zenite
|Star Trek: Mirror Universe publications and stories|
|Novels||The Sorrows of Empire • Rise Like Lions|
|Novellas||Glass Empires||"Age of the Empress" • "The Sorrows of Empire" • "The Worst of Both Worlds"|
|Obsidian Alliances||"The Mirror-Scaled Serpent" • "Cutting Ties" • "Saturn's Children"|
|Short stories||Shards and Shadows||"Nobunaga" • "Ill Winds" • "The Greater Good" • "The Black Flag" • "The Traitor" • "The Sacred Chalice" • "Bitter Fruit" • "Family Matters" • "Homecoming" • "A Terrible Beauty" • "Empathy" • "For Want of a Nail"|