- For other uses, see Robot.
The term robot refers to a variety of artificial, often mechanical, technologies which act with a purpose. Robots range from simple programmable artificial devices to complex self-aware artificial intelligences.
Independent robots were not incorporated into the Federation for fears of the "Frankenstein syndrome", but did exist in places like the Vega system. (TOS comic: "Robot", TOS audiobook: The Robot Masters)
History and specifics
Gary Seven's New York City office was once attacked by killer robots. On another occasion, Seven stole plans for a robot soldier from the Pentagon. (TOS novel: Assignment: Eternity) Roberta Lincoln encountered a robot Bigfoot. She and Seven discovered robot housewives in Connecticut. (TOS - The Eugenics Wars novel: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 1)
In 2269, there were no robots aboard the Enterprise during its brief takeover by a magnetic organism which could manipulate mechanical devices. This forced it to compel ship's personnel to obey its requests. (TAS - Log One novelization: Beyond the Farthest Star)
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||robots|
- Robot race
- Brain Ray Robot
- Doomsday Machine
- Iskonian robot
- Robot chessman
- Robot guard
- Robot nanny
- Stevedore robot
- Zombie robot
|stub relating to a type of technology or weapon. You can help our database by expanding on it.|
- TOS episode & Star Trek 3 novelization: The Doomsday Machine
- TOS comic: "Robot"
- TOS audiobook: The Robot Masters
- TOS comic: "UK comic strips, first story arc"
- TOS novel: The Fearful Summons
- TOS - Star Trek vs. Transformers comics: "Prime's Directive, Part One", "Prime's Directive, Part Two"
- TOS - Star Trek 2 novelization: The City on the Edge of Forever
- DS9 episode & novelization: Far Beyond the Stars