- For other uses, see Sagan.
In 2376, Sagan, along with the Defiant's other Type-10 shuttlecraft Chaffee, were tasked with evacuating an away team including Doctor Julian Bashir, Lieutenant Ezri Dax and Ensign Thirishar ch'Thane from the Tenara Cliffs on Trill. (ST - Divided We Fall comic: "Crossfire")
Also in the same year, after the destruction of the Chaffee in the early weeks of the Gamma Quadrant exploration mission the Defiant was undertaking, the Sagan became the only shuttlecraft the starship had. (DS9 - Mission Gamma novel: Twilight)
Prynn Tenmei was doing maintenance, via an access panel under the belly of the shuttlecraft, between the subspace field coils and isolinear circuitry using a hyperspanner to remove a stubborn ODN cable that was near the end of its useful life. (DS9 - Mission Gamma novel: Twilight)
- The Sagan was likely named for Carl Sagan.
- ST - Divided We Fall comic: "Crossfire"
- DS9 - Gateways novel: Demons of Air and Darkness
- DS9 - Mission Gamma novel: Twilight
- DS9 - Mission Gamma novel: This Gray Spirit
- DS9 - Mission Gamma novel: Cathedral
- DS9 - Mission Gamma novel: Lesser Evil
- DS9 - Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine novel: Andor: Paradigm
- ST - Typhon Pact novel: Raise the Dawn
- DS9 novel: Ascendance
|USS Defiant auxiliary craft|
|USS Defiant I||Chaffee • da Vinci • Faraday|
|USS Defiant II||Chaffee • Sagan • Tyson|
|Anaximenes • Chaffee • USS Chaffee • Heyerdahl • Sagan • Tyson • unnamed type-10 shuttlecraft|
|Ships named Sagan|
|starships: USS Sagan (NCC-20000, Oberth-class, Sagan subclass) • USS Sagan (NCC-75055, Intrepid-class) • small craft: Sagan • see also: Sagan-class|