- 1 Description
- 2 Summary
- 3 References
- 4 Appendices
Description[edit | edit source]
When the crew of the Enterprise is called to facilitate a prisoner transfer, Captain Kirk must face one of the greatest moral challenges of his life, proving the innocence of a confessed killer - Sam, Kirk's own brother, in a thrilling tale courtesy of writer/photoartist John Byrne
Summary[edit | edit source]
- Captain's log, stardate 2201.9: USS Enterprise entering standard orbit about Starbase 11. The only thing that will be "standard" about this visit, I suspect. I am beaming down to meet with Starbase Commander José Mendez.
- Personal log
- Leaving orbit, Starbase 11. Sam has been brought aboard the Enterprise and incarcerated in the ship's brig. He remains alternately silent and elusive about this whole affair.
- Captain's log, stardate 2205.1'
- Entering standard orbit around Earth Colony Two. In one hour, I shall be beaming down to meet with Star Fleet Commodore Niven. But first, I have a personal matter to attend do.
References[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Keith Finer • George Samuel Kirk, Jr. • James T. Kirk • Koloth • Korax • Tommy Kovaks • John Kyle • Martins • Leonard McCoy • José Mendez • Janice Rand • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Nyota Uhura
- Referenced only
- Aurelan Kirk • George Kirk (son) • Gregory Kirk • Peter Kirk • Klingon Emperor • Niven
Locations[edit | edit source]
Starships and vehicles[edit | edit source]
Races and cultures[edit | edit source]
- Referenced only
Ranks and titles[edit | edit source]
- Biologist • Captain • Commander • Commodore • Doctor • Engineer • Emperor • First officer • Lieutenant • security guard • Yeoman
States and organizations[edit | edit source]
- Starfleet Command • Starfleet Academy • United Federation of Planets • Klingon Empire • Klingon High Command
Science[edit | edit source]
Technology and weapons[edit | edit source]
- Klingon disruptor • mind-sifter • phaser • scanner • shields • stun • transporter • tricorder • warp drive • warp engine
Other references[edit | edit source]
- brig • commendation • Engineering section • Federation law • Hall of Heroes (Klingon) • Klingon Space • Ktaka fruit • military • mind meld • mining • murder • Organian Peace Treaty • prison • Raktajino • rehabilitation colony • Saurian brandy • Scotch whisky • Stargram • T'astian Monk • transporter room • trial • warp five • warp six • warp eight • warp nine
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
- This story takes place in 2267 between the events of TOS episode: "Errand of Mercy" (which established the Organian Peace Treaty and the Klingon mind-sifter cited in the story) and Sam's death in TOS episode: "Operation -- Annihilate!". Koloth described the elapsed time since the treaty as "all these months later".
- This story was presented as Kirk's first meeting with Koloth and Korax.
Images[edit | edit source]
Connections[edit | edit source]
Timeline[edit | edit source]
#13: "The Hidden Face"
|TOS comics||Next comic:|
#15: "The Traveler"